• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Solus Barreled Action - Launch Sale

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
The launch sale of an affordable, highly accurate barreled action is now on:

Now that I have secured a supply of the Solus receivers we can confidently offer barreled actions for a killer price tag. Yes, Aero offers a barreled action as well for the same baseline price. They do not offer it with our level of barrel quality, nor do they offer anything customization on caliber, contour, length or finish options.

This pricing will be set until Dec 31st at which time we will evaluate it based on the potential price increases looming from Aero and many other places in the industry.

Projected lead times are in the product description.
Right Oblique on truck.png

Reactions: juanfabuloso
I apologize if I missed it on your site.....

For the chamberings not specified with a twist, do we have an option?

Or can you give me an idea what it will be?

Thanks in advance and thank you for supporting the Hide.

"All barreled actions in 6mm through 30 caliber come with 5/8-24 muzzle threads, the 22 caliber barrels come with 1/2-28 threads. "

Ok, got it.

But,,,
Under the drop down options, there's one that says "Solus Threads" with the 2 common thread sizes as options.

What's that about? Do I need to select one of the options, or is it threaded regardless?

I apologize if I missed it on your site.....

For the chamberings not specified with a twist, do we have an option?

Or can you give me an idea what it will be?

Thanks in advance and thank you for supporting the Hide.
No there aren't custom configurable options. They're production, spec is set. The twist rates are all the same across each caliber and they're selected in such a way that factory and hand load ammo with heavy bullets will work.

I don't mean to be obstinate when I say this, but the options are expanded to the point that we are already wondering if there's too much there considering what we're trying to do with the price point. Note that you can buy a Solus Barreled Action from Aero already for the same price. It comes with 6 Creed at 22, 6.5 Creed at 24, or 308 at 20". No options for contour, other calibers, other lengths, etc. We can do that because we're a smaller production line that is setup with more customization but it's not free for all customs at $1099.

"All barreled actions in 6mm through 30 caliber come with 5/8-24 muzzle threads, the 22 caliber barrels come with 1/2-28 threads. "

Ok, got it.

But,,,
Under the drop down options, there's one that says "Solus Threads" with the 2 common thread sizes as options.

What's that about? Do I need to select one of the options, or is it threaded regardless?
They come threaded with industry standard threads for the caliber.

Reactions: Oldloser
The launch sale of an affordable, highly accurate barreled action is now on:

Now that I have secured a supply of the Solus receivers we can confidently offer barreled actions for a killer price tag. Yes, Aero offers a barreled action as well for the same baseline price. They do not offer it with our level of barrel quality, nor do they offer anything customization on caliber, contour, length or finish options.

This pricing will be set until Dec 31st at which time we will evaluate it based on the potential price increases looming from Aero and many other places in the industry.

Projected lead times are in the product description.View attachment 8274654
Which barrel taper is this?

Can I get full build details? Im digging everything about this.

Do you happen to have any magnum bolt faces you’re willing to part with? I ordered one from optics planet but the shipping date keeps getting pushed back

Do you happen to have any magnum bolt faces you’re willing to part with? I ordered one from optics planet but the shipping date keeps getting pushed back
As in the bolt itself? No, we just bought complete actions.

Are the osprey barrels used on these?
Wilsons and Rock's as availability allows. We know both shoot extremely well and the blanks fit into the pricing structure. We aren't taking orders of one or the other, it's going to be that we can get 6's from Wilson and 6.5's from Rock so depending what you order it depends what you get.

They all get the PVA logo on them and we stand there as the company who cut and sold it. If it doesn't shoot you deal with us to remedy the issue.

I don't mean to be obstinate when I say this, but the options are expanded to the point that we are already wondering if there's too much there considering what we're trying to do with the price point. Note that you can buy a Solus Barreled Action from Aero already for the same price. It comes with 6 Creed at 22, 6.5 Creed at 24, or 308 at 20". No options for contour, other calibers, other lengths, etc. We can do that because we're a smaller production line that is setup with more customization but it's not free for all customs at $1099.
It looks like you guys have added more options now, which is grate, though will you offer 6.5x47 Lapua at some point and could someone close too you guys pick it up when it is done? I live in Willow Grove PA.

It looks like you guys have added more options now, which is grate, though will you offer 6.5x47 Lapua at some point and could someone close too you guys pick it up when it is done? I live in Willow Grove PA.
You're welcome to pick it up when it's done. The FFL transfer will have to be done. Shipping cost will cover the transfer fee instead.

We're unlikely to offer the 6.5x47, it's not popular enough to warrant running production quantities of it. That's the thing folks are not making the connection on: the barrels for this are being run through the production machinery not the custom side of the business. That means setting up and running for 1 of something on equipment that's setup to run 50 barrels a day.

Why when I try to add to cart, why does it require me to upgrade to an Osprey barrel for an additional 350? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the 1099 price?

Last edited:
Reactions: roostercogburn98
Why when I try to add to cart, why does it require me to upgrade to an Osprey barrel for an additional 350? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the 1099 price?
Same here, tried to order a few times and it always did that.

Found a bare action and ordered a barrel separate

Same here, tried to order a few times and it always did that.

Found a bare action and ordered a barrel separate
It’s a good deal for 1099, but that “upgrade” kinda takes the budget friendly that they’re pushing out of it

It’s a good deal for 1099, but that “upgrade” kinda takes the budget friendly that they’re pushing out of it
still cheaper than the route I went, or a quality barrel will set you back.

Even the price they list with an osprey barrel will get you a good rifle. They are pretty well known and liked from my basic understanding reading around here.

I just went a different route because if I am having to upgrade to the better barrel, I was just going full tilt and ordering what I wanted in the first place. The offer he has/had was still a good deal.