• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Tikka Pre Fit Magnum Cartridge | Anyone have experience with them?

Darkhorse1

Red crayons are the best
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2018
Phoenix
Curious about getting one of the PVA magnum pre fit barrels for Tikka in 6.5 PRC.

Sorry. No experience but I’d imagine they’re the same quality of all their barrels. I’ve seen some posts of pva tikka nut barrels in 6.5 creed and the like but not the larger magnums.

On a side note, it looks like pva is now offering shouldered prefits for the tikka. If their website is correct, that’s pretty awesome and has me rethinking a possible build.

C968B366-FFF8-4956-A0F7-10D43DE2B645.png

AA515D96-96E4-4DB9-ABCB-9079DC094951.png

Sorry. No experience but I’d imagine they’re the same quality of all their barrels. I’ve seen some posts of pva tikka nut barrels in 6.5 creed and the like but not the larger magnums.

On a side note, it looks like pva is now offering shouldered prefits for the tikka. If their website is correct, that’s pretty awesome and has me rethinking a possible build.

View attachment 7015006

View attachment 7015005

Oh sweet, the shouldered must be new or I missed it some how. That’s what would be ideal. Thanks

Oh sweet, the shouldered must be new or I missed it some how. That’s what would be ideal. Thanks

Yes. I’ve heard Hardy was doing shouldered prefits but it didn’t seem anybody else was. Hoping that it isn’t an error on the PVA website. If you go to the shouldered Prefit you’ll notice it still has a drop down to select the nut size. My hope is they just copied the page for the nut version and forgot to remove that part.

I’d call to ask but I’m 6months plus from a new build even possibly being in the works.

My PVA 6.5 PRC prefit with barrel nut shoots great. Had it chopped down to 18"
20190117_204002.jpg

If u want a savage prefit, you wont wait that long. Josh may have one on the shelf.

Yeah
Expect to wait. I'm at 22.5 weeks for a shouldered nucleus barrel.

Yeah I’m on week 20 for a nucleus barrel too, and based on the wait times in the other threads about the barreled actions, not sure when I’m going to get it. This would be my main and prob only concern going with PVA for this project. I know they are busy, but the response time is horrible for updates.

Reactions: Curt1521
I sent a message through their site about their tikka options 3-4 weeks ago but still haven’t heard from them. I don’t even remember what I asked at this point. You might be waiting a while to hear back. I ended up going the other end, having a good smith install a Bartlein. Less than 2 weeks from when I shipped the action to when I got it back.

That won’t fit a Tikka action though.

Sorry. Missed the tikka part. When I had a tikka, I got my PVA prefit within a week. It was on the shelf. Give them a call and check. Talk to Jeremy up there. Every pva rifle I've had or have is a 1 hole gun. I miss my tikka too.
20171205_211807.jpg

Sorry. Missed the tikka part. When I had a tikka, I got my PVA prefit within a week. It was on the shelf. Give them a call and check. Talk to Jeremy up there. Every pva rifle I've had or have is a 1 hole gun. I miss my tikka too.View attachment 7015145

I have one of their pre fits on order for a Nucleus, but it's been almost double the lead time they quoted and still no eta which is making me a little hesitant to go that route. I may just try to find a smith who has the reamer and let them spin one up.

Bug holes does prefits, and that dude quoted me 6-8 weeks when I asked him. I didn’t ask for PRC. But he also said that it would be on a Bartlein blank, I’m not sure if that’s what you’re looking for.

Reactions: Darkhorse1
2950ish with the 26" barrel, 2695 with the 18". Factory 147s

Reactions: tree man
That was also with less than 150 rounds down the tube

Reactions: tree man
Yes. I’ve heard Hardy was doing shouldered prefits but it didn’t seem anybody else was. Hoping that it isn’t an error on the PVA website. If you go to the shouldered Prefit you’ll notice it still has a drop down to select the nut size. My hope is they just copied the page for the nut version and forgot to remove that part.

I’d call to ask but I’m 6months plus from a new build even possibly being in the works.

Contacted the Hardy folks, they don't have a U.S. importer currently.