• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Tripod Apex

mjphawk

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2013
Boynton Beach, FL
I'm looking to add a tripod with an Anvil-30 ballhead to my equipment. I have more or less decided on the PVA Comp-40 tripod but prefer the RRS Series 2 apex because it will close more compact than the 75mm bowl. I am likely to travel with the tripod for photography so the folded size and weight are factors but I cannot justify the additional $400-$500 for the RRS at this time.

Does anyone know if the legs from the PVA will mount to the Anvil Apex Conversion Kit? It looks to be the same but I don't know if the specs are the same and thought someone on here might know. Thank you.

Thank you. To confirm, you are saying that the legs will not attach to the RRS apex; however, the RRS Series 3 Apex adapter will for the 75mm bowl on the PVA?

It’s tough to justify the difference in cost solely for the Apex? Any additional feedback on what led to your decision would be appreciated. I’m not opposed to spending money on high quality equipment but also want to spend wisely.

I was hoping the apex leg specs would be like the RRS dovetail (Arca) rail and at least somewhat universal but that would be too simple!

I'm not exactly sure. I emailed them and asked if the PVA legs would fit on a RRS Apex. They said no.