• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVD and floaters...anybody else experience this ?

Anointed1

It's the pills I swear
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2021
    Pacific Northwest
    So I woke up last week and thought I had a piece of fuzz in my left eye...but after a few minutes of gently rubbing to the corner and no movement which I thought was odd...I thought maybe it was stuck to my eye somehow so off to the bathroom to flush it out. I did think it was odd that the shape i was seeing...(this piece of fuzz was just off the left side of my focal so I could see it very easily in my peripheral)...did not change at all after the light rubbing. The shape was like a half moon just like this kinda ☪️ but squiggly. Flushing did nothing 🤔. So now I'm thinking crap...I cut my cornea somehow in my sleep...great. I've cut the cornea of my eye before a couple times in my life...once from the super thin end of a branch whipping back and hitting my eye just perfectly following my father in law in the woods. Thanks for that John lol. The other was handling a huge camo decal sheeting I was applying to an atv trailer I bought for hunting...(the factory finish was bright aluminum)...these sheets were like 4' x 4' and as I was positioning one it got away from me and the corner hit my eye just perfectly. That one scared the hell out of me as the second it happened my vision in that eye went blurry...like looking underwater or thru a thick coke bottle. I thought for sure I just messed the vision in that eye up for life. The first one I didnt even know happened until later on the day when my eye starting itching horribly but nothing was in it. I was in Canada at the time and after seeing an eye doctor and him telling me I cut my cornea I remembered that branch whipping back walking thru the woods. The second one although my vision was instantly screwed up I could see the outline of the cut which was also shaped like a cresent moon but was a perfectly smooth line. This cut cornea...if that's what it was...was different than both of the others in that 1) it didnt itch and 2) the outline was very squiggly not smooth like a cut. Hmm...I didn't know what the heck but this other thing I noticed really had me puzzled. When I would blink or move my eyes really fast up and down or side to side I would see what looked like a flash of super bright light around the edges of my eyeball itself 😯 What the heck that was freaked me out a little in that it was constant and super bright...like lightning bright. Did that have anything to do with my cut cornea ?...none of this was making any sense so off to the eye dr I go.

Apparently after a bunch of tests with the different machines scanning and taking pictures in and thru my eyes...and the Dr asking me a few questions as well...one of them being do you see any flashes of bright white light 😳 he goes you've got PVD. He said as you get older some peoples eyes but specifically the fluid in them dries up a bit...when it does it pulls away from being attached to the back of your eyes and as it does that it can pull away small pieces of tissue along with it. The line I was seeing in my eye was actually a shawdow being cast from ambient light hitting a piece of this tissue. That line or shadow they call floaters. He said the danger is as the fluid dries up and pulls away it can detach your retina 😳😳😳. He said I was ok for the moment but any change and come back right away as soon as I saw any change. Two days later I woke up and OMG...I've got what looked like 2 or 3 additional "floaters" in my left eye...that was the original one...and about a dozen of them in my right...back I go...repeat all the scans...no retina detachment yet...and he says some of the floaters over time will drift away from the center area of your vision to the side...and you brain will adjust to the others and they won't bother you so much. Pffft...I'm batting at fly's all fricken day now that arent even there...it's a involuntary natural reaction...and seeing really fast bugs racing everywhere...this is ridiculous.

Anybody else experience this ?...is he being honest and it eventually gets better ?...have you been able to still shoot ok ? I'm just now pursuing PRS. I've never even shot a rifle with a scope on it my entire life as I've always been a bowhunter. So I'm not sure what to expect pursuing this with a bunch of crap/shadows in my vision. None of these floaters are exactly in my focal area of vision but a few of them are dang close =/

DO NOT SCREW AROUND.

I had a PVD and emergency laser surgery to tack the retina to the back of the eyeball to prevent the dropping vitreous from pulling it off. It was like the vision through that eye was looking through a set of binos with one lens covered with a thin film of gun oil. The floaters will eventually clear but you may have hazy night vision and see halos around street lights at night.

If the doc says no heavy-recoiling rifles for six weeks, follow his directions.

The Army has a priority of life-limb-eyesight for combat or stopping routine training to get immediate emergency medical care.

Blindness is no joke and is permanent.

I had/have vitreous occlusion in my left eye -the vitreous has separated from the retina in one main spot and a couple micro spots two annoying floaters and a blind in the center of my field of view. Accumulative causation head trauma (3 serious concussions) a number of work and play light batterings that you shake off or don’t give a second thought until something like this happens . So no dirt bike riding no aggressive Mtn bike riding (helmet always) sold off any high muzzle blast bigger thumper rifles 308 is my heavy gun now and it’s a 12 lb combo By limiting potential abuses My eye has remained stable

DO NOT SCREW AROUND.

The floaters will eventually clear but you may have hazy night vision and see halos around street lights at night.
    Well that's good news about the floaters going away...and I'm assuming you are shooting so your vision is GTG as far as that's concerned. I'm not screwing around believe me...the retina detachment thing scared me a bit 😁

Reactions: sinister
    Yup had t in both eyes in 2018 about the same time. L one not bad floaters went away, dissolved whatever. Right one is the PITA I have 3 of them and 2(of course the biggest ones) settled right in the center of my FOV so shooting is a true adventure now. It's pure comedy for the spotter 'what are you waiting on?' and I say 'dang floaters!' we both laugh. I'm on the fast track for cataract surgery as it stands and with an elliptical shaped eyeball my risk of retinal detachment is quite high. So.....all I can do is hope the cataract progression is slow. Doc doesn't want me to have cataract surgery until I simply can't stand it any longer and I'm managing. My vitreous detachment was clean and no issues with retina.....tbd when cataract surgery comes. My PVD in the R eye is a couple of years out now it's not going away, but in terms of life's maladies this is pretty darn small as long as my retinas stay healthy.

I had/have vitreous occlusion in my left eye -the vitreous has separated from the retina in one main spot and a couple micro spots two annoying floaters and a blind in the center of my field of view. Accumulative causation head trauma (3 serious concussions) a number of work and play light batterings that you shake off or don’t give a second thought until something like this happens . So no dirt bike riding no aggressive Mtn bike riding (helmet always) sold off any high muzzle blast bigger thumper rifles 308 is my heavy gun now and it’s a 12 lb combo By limiting potential abuses My eye has remained stable
    Damn...see there's always someone that's got it worse...well hopefully I wont end up dealing with what you are...sorry to hear about all that =/

Yup had t in both eyes in 2018 about the same time. L one not bad floaters went away, dissolved whatever. Right one is the PITA I have 3 of them and 2 settle right in the center of my FOV so shooting is a true adventure now. It's the comedy for spotter 'what are you waiting on?' and I say 'dang floaters!' we both laugh. I'm on the fast track for cataract surgery as it stands and with an elliptical shaped eyeball my risk of retinal detachment is quite high. So.....all I can do is hope the cataract progression is slow. Doc doesn't want me to have cataract surgery until I simply can't stand it any longer and I'm managing. My vitreous detachment was clean and no issues with retina.....tbd when cataract surgery comes. My PVD in the R eye is a couple of years out now it's not going away, but in terms of life's maladies this is pretty darn small as long as my retinas stay healthy.
    Well I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what ends up happening I guess...the floater right in your FOV is what I'm hoping doesnt happen...so far so good but each day I wake up I know it could change...Dr said about 3 months for the whole process =/

For a rare condition there are a few cases on here. Interested to see how many more shooters have dealt with this ailment...this is pretty scary and im pretty sure this is what my mother is going thru right now... she is waiting to see the eye doc this month.

Ive been worried its been a side effect of the new cancer medication they have her on, this has been a real eye opener... sorry for the pun.. thank you for sharing though.

Yup had t in both eyes in 2018 about the same time. L one not bad floaters went away, dissolved whatever. Right one is the PITA I have 3 of them and 2(of course the biggest ones) settled right in the center of my FOV so shooting is a true adventure now. It's pure comedy for the spotter 'what are you waiting on?' and I say 'dang floaters!' we both laugh. I'm on the fast track for cataract surgery as it stands and with an elliptical shaped eyeball my risk of retinal detachment is quite high. So.....all I can do is hope the cataract progression is slow. Doc doesn't want me to have cataract surgery until I simply can't stand it any longer and I'm managing. My vitreous detachment was clean and no issues with retina.....tbd when cataract surgery comes. My PVD in the R eye is a couple of years out now it's not going away, but in terms of life's maladies this is pretty darn small as long as my retinas stay healthy.
    I cant address any of the other issues but cataract. My vision had gone to 20/80. I couldnt even read the large green interstate signs. Doc says 'cataracts'. I was scared shit because as someone above says, your vision is nothing to play around with, once its gone its gone. Turns out I had moderate astigmatism as well.

Had surgery in both eyes a month apart. Its a piece of cake, in the hospital at 10 AM, an hours prep,, 15 minutes surgery, an hours recovery, and out. Took the bandages off the next day and my vision went to 20/15 in one eye and 20/18 in the other. For the first few days it was like looking through a microscope and all of a sudden I could see how filthy my house was, LOL.

If your doc says wait, Id get a second opinion. Make sure WHOEVER does the surgery is skilled at that specialty and does them all the time (my doc did three that day) and not just someone who does them now and then, it can make all the difference in the world. Do your research and get recommendations.

Ive been worried its been a side effect of the new cancer medication they have her on, this has been a real eye opener... sorry for the pun.. thank you for sharing though.
    Well my best to your mom...hoping she'll be ok. I just got over cancer and it was a rough road to say the least, I almost died twice but right now I'm 100% cancer free. It took 9 months of 3 different types of chemo at the same time and a stem cell transplant in the end to top it all off to get where I'm at. There's been a lot of things happen out of the blue since my treatment that when they first popped up I wondered the exact same thing...were they being caused by the treatment or meds maybe ? A few were a few weren't.

I just had this happen in my left eye. It started in December while visiting family. I woke up one morning and was getting flashes in my left eye every time it moved. Crescent shaped flashes of light. At first I thought that maybe I wax getting a migraine or something, so took it easy that morning.

However, it kept doing it for like two weeks, at which point I developed a black hole in my vision just off the center of my vision. That worried me a bit, so off to the eye doc I went. It turns out that my floater seems to have been a one-off so far and doc thinks it’s age related.

It’s still there four months later, but is fading and my brain has gotten used to ignoring it.

Oh yeah, according to my doc, it’s fairly common and about one in 100 cases require surgery to stop the bleeding in the back of the eye.

For the first few days it was like looking through a microscope and all of a sudden I could see how filthy my house was, LOL.
    Lmao...that was funny =) well I'm certainly glad things worked out for you and that's exactly why I was scared too...the losing your vision part...I still am to some degree as I've got a couple months to go before this PVD process is over. Between me, you, and a fence post as my dad use to say...I dont think I have many years left after this cancer thing...they tell me it will come back eventually and not necessarily the same type. I have a gut feeling about it even though I'm totally cancer free right now. I'm actually ok with it I guess...I've already been to the edge of that cliff per say...and as any man would say that's worth a shit in my mind...my concern would be for those I leave behind. BUT...I want to do PRS in some form or another...it's one of a few things that's on my bucket list per say...and I need my eyes to do it 👍

Well I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what ends up happening I guess...the floater right in your FOV is what I'm hoping doesnt happen...so far so good but each day I wake up I know it could change...Dr said about 3 months for the whole process =/
    That's what I was told roughly and the L one faded, R one stayed. If that is all it is be thankful! I'd dearly love to get my cataracts done now, but the risk strata I go into post cataract due to my eye shape.....eeiiiish....I want to stay out of that world as long as possible. I'd rather wait until a time in my life when I can't remember what my name is if I can:/ Good luck stay on it hope they dissolve for you.

Reactions: Maggot and lash
    I just had this happen in my left eye. It started in December while visiting family. I woke up one morning and was getting flashes in my left eye every time it moved. Crescent shaped flashes of light. At first I thought that maybe I wax getting a migraine or something, so took it easy that morning.

However, it kept doing it for like two weeks, at which point I developed a black hole in my vision just off the center of my vision. That worried me a bit, so off to the eye doc I went. It turns out that my floater seems to have been a one-off so far and doc thinks it’s age related.

It’s still there four months later, but is fading and my brain has gotten used to ignoring it.

Oh yeah, according to my doc, it’s fairly common and about one in 100 cases require surgery to stop the bleeding in the back of the eye.
    Geez...I'm suprised you went two weeks with the light flashes and the black hole is what caused you to finally go to the Dr...i was freaked out much sooner lol...I'm glad you're shooting and your brain has adjusted to some degree...makes me feel like I'll be able to pursue PRS probably 👍

Last edited:
    My wife had something similar, part of the retina detached, she said it was like a black curtain was blocking part of her vision. Age related. She had laser surgery which she said was pretty "uncomfortable" but 5 years later her vision is still good. It may happen again....

So I woke up last week and thought I had a piece of fuzz in my left eye...but after a few minutes of gently rubbing to the corner and no movement which I thought was odd...I thought maybe it was stuck to my eye somehow so off to the bathroom to flush it out. I did think it was odd that the shape i was seeing...(this piece of fuzz was just off the left side of my focal so I could see it very easily in my peripheral)...did not change at all after the light rubbing. The shape was like a half moon just like this kinda ☪️ but squiggly. Flushing did nothing 🤔. So now I'm thinking crap...I cut my cornea somehow in my sleep...great. I've cut the cornea of my eye before a couple times in my life...once from the super thin end of a branch whipping back and hitting my eye just perfectly following my father in law in the woods. Thanks for that John lol. The other was handling a huge camo decal sheeting I was applying to an atv trailer I bought for hunting...(the factory finish was bright aluminum)...these sheets were like 4' x 4' and as I was positioning one it got away from me and the corner hit my eye just perfectly. That one scared the hell out of me as the second it happened my vision in that eye went blurry...like looking underwater or thru a thick coke bottle. I thought for sure I just messed the vision in that eye up for life. The first one I didnt even know happened until later on the day when my eye starting itching horribly but nothing was in it. I was in Canada at the time and after seeing an eye doctor and him telling me I cut my cornea I remembered that branch whipping back walking thru the woods. The second one although my vision was instantly screwed up I could see the outline of the cut which was also shaped like a cresent moon but was a perfectly smooth line. This cut cornea...if that's what it was...was different than both of the others in that 1) it didnt itch and 2) the outline was very squiggly not smooth like a cut. Hmm...I didn't know what the heck but this other thing I noticed really had me puzzled. When I would blink or move my eyes really fast up and down or side to side I would see what looked like a flash of super bright light around the edges of my eyeball itself 😯 What the heck that was freaked me out a little in that it was constant and super bright...like lightning bright. Did that have anything to do with my cut cornea ?...none of this was making any sense so off to the eye dr I go.

Apparently after a bunch of tests with the different machines scanning and taking pictures in and thru my eyes...and the Dr asking me a few questions as well...one of them being do you see any flashes of bright white light 😳 he goes you've got PVD. He said as you get older some peoples eyes but specifically the fluid in them dries up a bit...when it does it pulls away from being attached to the back of your eyes and as it does that it can pull away small pieces of tissue along with it. The line I was seeing in my eye was actually a shawdow being cast from ambient light hitting a piece of this tissue. That line or shadow they call floaters. He said the danger is as the fluid dries up and pulls away it can detach your retina 😳😳😳. He said I was ok for the moment but any change and come back right away as soon as I saw any change. Two days later I woke up and OMG...I've got what looked like 2 or 3 additional "floaters" in my left eye...that was the original one...and about a dozen of them in my right...back I go...repeat all the scans...no retina detachment yet...and he says some of the floaters over time will drift away from the center area of your vision to the side...and you brain will adjust to the others and they won't bother you so much. Pffft...I'm batting at fly's all fricken day now that arent even there...it's a involuntary natural reaction...and seeing really fast bugs racing everywhere...this is ridiculous.

Anybody else experience this ?...is he being honest and it eventually gets better ?...have you been able to still shoot ok ? I'm just now pursuing PRS. I've never even shot a rifle with a scope on it my entire life as I've always been a bowhunter. So I'm not sure what to expect pursuing this with a bunch of crap/shadows in my vision. None of these floaters are exactly in my focal area of vision but a few of them are dang close =/
    Yep. Has this for a few years now. Doesn’t seem to get better. Sometimes I’ll swat at stuff that isnt there. But you do get used to it. I keep telling the doc about it and he doesn’t seem concerned. It’s much more noticeable on light backgrounds. Like when I look at a white wall it’s super noticeable.

Mine haven’t faded and ive had them for years :(.

• Sad
    Reactions: lash
    Happened to me about 2 years ago. Dr followed me for about 1 1/2 yrs seeing if it would get worse and continually warning that I am more susceptible to a retina tear and not to delay getting to a doc if I start seeing bright flashes. Well, it is annoying as hell and hasn't gotten a lot better in the last 2 years. Luckily it is in my non dominate eye so it doesn't impact me too much. I asked if it could be fixed and my doc told me he can remove the fluid in the eyeball and replace it with new fluid. Well, it's annoying, but not that annoying. I caulk it up to yet another rite of passage into old age. Good luck.

My wife had something similar, part of the retina detached, she said it was like a black curtain was blocking part of her vision.
    See that's the scary part...I dont want anything to do with that. Like was has been said a few times already...losing your vision is no joke. I told the wife the day I woke up and my right eye was filled with floaters over night that well at least if you lose one eye you still have another. I knew a guy at work that was golfing and got hit in the eye with a golf ball and lost an eye...we were hourly factory employees not sitting behind a desk all day and he had a hell of a time adjusting...vision is taken for granted until something happens but I guess that's true with a lot of other things as well =/

WTF...they can do that ???...that's crazy !
    Yes, they can. I was told it would remove the floaters, which I understand in most cases are bacteria, but its a somewhat risky procedure.

Yes, they can. I was told it would remove the floaters, which I understand in most cases are bacteria, but its a somewhat risky procedure.
    In my case and in many of these being brought up, the floater is a piece of your cornea torn loose and floating in your eyeball.

Well I guess I'm in good company if nothing else...all you guys that have posted I'm assuming shoot still and that was a real concern of mine...I just want to be able too in some fashion and was worried because I'm not thru the PVD process yet that I might not...sounds like my chances are pretty good that I will 👍

I am not even getting "that old" (46) and I got a floater a few years back right in the center of my right eye. I am not sure if it is the same thing, but it sounds like it with mine being related to diabetes and crystals forming in the tissue. When I blink really fast I can still make it out, and ironically I noticed it right when I looked in a brand new scope I had gotten. Problem was is moved from scope to scope.

Obviously if I can "still" make it out when I blink, it does improve. But definitly follow Dr. Instructions on care. MY knees get sore, I've got frozen shoulder, I am waaaay outtta shape, but the crap that gets me the most is my vision. Not being able to use irons, and really struggling as my eyes get older is more a hassle that all that other stuff combined (Although it is funny as hell that I can hit a target I can barely see). That is all related to my astygmatism and other stuff. THe floater is really minor after 2-3 months I have to look for it in my eyesite. Your brain kinda just gets rid of it.

Its does get better. (and still shooting!)

Reactions: lash and Anointed1
    Between me, you, and a fence post as my dad use to say...I dont think I have many years left after this cancer thing...they tell me it will come back eventually and not necessarily the same type. I have a gut feeling about it even though I'm totally cancer free right now. I'm actually ok with it I guess...I've already been to the edge of that cliff per say...and as any man would say that's worth a shit in my mind...my concern would be for those I leave behind. BUT...I want to do PRS in some form or another...it's one of a few things that's on my bucket list per say...and I need my eyes to do it
    Brother, where do you live? If I can help, I'd like to help get you started.

I live in a town called Kent in WA state...it's just outside of Seattle...at least for now until I move out of this God forsaken place lol...all these "once upon a time" smaller towns have just merged into one big city...full of people I'm not anything like =/....this state is too liberal for me...at least on this side of the Cascades...the east side is quite different and the wife and I bought property over there...just waiting on her to retire...and if the east side doesn't work well I'll be moving on to somewhere else lol. My wifes parents live in Buffalo Wyoming...nice and peacefull there 👍 I see you're in Texas or I would take you up on your offer =/

I’ve had the same issues. Light flashes and swatting at bugs that aren’t there. Started almost a year ago and floaters in one eye still disrupting my vision some. Doctor isn’t concerned about long term damage so I am being patient. I m thankful it is only one eye for now.

And I forgot to say thank you as well for the offer...that's very generous of you. I've never owned a rifle with a scope or shot with one either so I ought to be a pretty good source of entertainment lmao 🤣

Light flashes and swatting at bugs that aren’t there.
    The swatting of non existent bugs is "bugging" me. Pun intended =) I'm glad the wife thinks it's pretty fricken funny lol. Even knowing what's going on it's such a involuntarily natural response that I can't help it from time to time =/

And I forgot to say thank you as well for the offer...that's very generous of you. I've never owned a rifle with a scope or shot with one either so I ought to be a pretty good source of entertainment lmao 🤣
    We all started as beginners. I still feel like a neophyte most of the time.

I've had a couple "floaters" in my eye for over 25 years, not a big deal. But if you are having any blurring of vision in one eye or the other, even for a few seconds, it could be a sign of TIA or "mini-stroke". I know because it happened to me. Turned out my right side carotid was like 90% occluded from smoking those damn cigarettes. Quit smoking and had an endarterectomy on my carotid and all is well. Go get checked out by a really good ophthalmologist and maybe a vascular doc and get an ultrasound on your neck. Saved my life buddy. God speed to you.

We all started as beginners. I still feel like a neophyte most of the time.
    I certainly skipped to much school...I know a lot of people say that but I really did...it was torture for me to sit in a classroom at a desk for 8 hours...please just let me use my hands and learn by doing...reading or listening to learn didn't happen for me for a long time after normal schooling years...so...I had to look that word up lol...and I'm certainly that and then some =)

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    I've had a couple "floaters" in my eye for over 25 years, not a big deal. But if you are having any blurring of vision in one eye or the other, even for a few seconds, it could be a sign of TIA or "mini-stroke". I know because it happened to me. Turned out my right side carotid was like 90% occluded from smoking those damn cigarettes. Quit smoking and had an endarterectomy on my carotid and all is well. Go get checked out by a really good ophthalmologist and maybe a vascular doc and get an ultrasound on your neck. Saved my life buddy. God speed to you.
    Geez...that could have turned out quite different...my dad had a stroke and it wiped out his entire right side...the wife and I had to have him move in with us to take care of him for a couple years before he passed away...strokes suck...I tell ya...all a guy has to do when he thinks he's been dealt a crappy hand is listen to some stories from others...all of a sudden you start to realize you've got a lot to be thankfull for 👍

Geez...that could have turned out quite different...my dad had a stroke and it wiped out his entire right side...the wife and I had to have him move in with us to take care of him for a couple years before he passed away...strokes suck...I tell ya...all a guy has to do when he thinks he's been dealt a crappy hand is listen to some stories from others...all of a sudden you start to realize you've got a lot to be thankfull for 👍
    Coulda been born in North Korea, or Iran, or anyplace in Africa...

As follow up to my whining about my eye problem it occurred at a gunshow !🙀it was late morning I was chatting with a couple of friends and damn....the light sure has gotten poor in here ,the hoplophobes are right guns are dangerous in so many ways 🤪

• Haha
    As follow up to my whining about my eye problem it occurred at a gunshow !🙀it was late morning I was chatting with a couple of friends and damn....the light sure has gotten poor in here ,the hoplophobes are right guns are dangerous in so many ways 🤪
    Wow! That sucks big time!

Reactions: Anointed1
    Apparently after a bunch of tests with the different machines scanning and taking pictures in and thru my eyes...and the Dr asking me a few questions as well...one of them being do you see any flashes of bright white light 😳
    Flashes of light can mean retina detachment - serious vision threatening stuff. I have battled floaters since prednisone gave me cataracts...since then I have had three NDYag laser treatments for them.But they come back.

For a while I thought had shadow figures in my house...then I realized I had floaters and shadow figures...

Flashes of light can mean retina detachment - serious vision threatening stuff. I have battled floaters since prednisone gave me cataracts...since then I have had three NDYag laser treatments for them.But they come back.

For a while I thought had shadow figures in my house...then I realized I had floaters and shadow figures...
    Yeah the Retina detachment part of all this was/is certainly scary...I guess my right eye is in the clear the according to the ophthalmologist...the vitreous fluid has full detached from the back of my eye and my retina is still atached ? My left eye so far has had no change since the beginning when I woke up with this nonsense so...each morning I look at a white background to see if there's more floaters and pay attention throughout each day to any change...the flashes of light in my eyes at night bug me of course...and all the floaters in my right eye =/

Had/Have floaters for years, no flashes, and I'm not even 40 🤷🏼‍♂️

Geez...that's awful young to be having that already =/
    I thought the same thing when I started having issues with them at like 34. I’m 40 now. My doc also told me that there is a high correlation that only highly intelligent people can see their floaters! 😂 Regardless, I’ve had several docs look and not be concerned. It is indeed part of getting older. They can freeze the material temporarily which helps some people. The problem I was told is that it is only temporary and normal when it wears off the problem is much worse. 🤷🏻‍♂️Not sure on being able to replace the vitreous fluid. I think I recall something about that as well but they didn’t recommend that either unless it was absolutely necessary.