• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS-14 bent gain knob... big problem? Try to bend it back?

Joeymac

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2019
PVS-14 must’ve taken a hit at some point and you can see the gain knob sits at an angle from the one angle. It’s not just the post that’s bent because when it spins it doesn’t have any wobble/precession. It must be bent below the post? But it still spins fine and gain works fine.

Should I try bend it back? I’d probably pull the rheistat assembly out of the power housing before trying to bend it back; don’t want to crack a housing.

719213B3-CB32-4EF6-9892-79B2FA09FD3A.jpeg
D2451F3D-C56F-4AAC-B182-23A355807FEB.jpeg

PVS-14 must’ve taken a hit at some point and you can see the gain knob sits at an angle from the one angle. It’s not just the post that’s bent because when it spins it doesn’t have any wobble/precession. It must be bent below the post? But it still spins fine and gain works fine.

Should I try bend it back? I’d probably pull the rheistat assembly out of the power housing before trying to bend it back; don’t want to crack a housing.

View attachment 7863127View attachment 7863128
I’ve seen a few new ones come slightly bent. It’s normal. Don’t mess with it

If it's working I wouldn't worry about it. Hell, could have shipped from Carson like that (Carson makes the majority of PVS14 housings used).

You can remove the plastic turn part and check that without any issues, there will be a metal rod under it. The screw is very small so be sure you have something to catch it in (box, etc. to work over).

If the gain works as it should this isn't an issue whatsoever.