• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVS-14 external battery

I believe there are external battery packs available

Google can be your friend
That just lets me use a CR123, not an external battery pack. I had seen that but it's not really what we're looking for.

In my opinion an external battery pack really makes the most sense on bridged 14's.

The runtime on a pvs14 is so long, there's no real reason to have a battery pack. Just added expense and an additional failure point. Even with goggles I'm getting 15 + hours off a single AA lithium battery.

The runtime on a pvs14 is so long, there's no real reason to have a battery pack. Just added expense and an additional failure point. Even with goggles I'm getting 15 + hours off a single AA lithium battery.

This.

You'd need something like TNVC LPBP that's almost $400, and a dummy battery adapter to LEMO port that if someone were to make one, most likely $400+ (see similar for DTNVS https://www.executivetraininggrp.com/product-page/dtnvg).

With that money you can buy 700x energizer L91, and that's 10,000+ hours of runtime.

Reactions: rlsmith1
I would like that option also so I don't have to remove the battery from my pvs-14 for storage. It's a minor inconvenience but I already have the external battery on my helmet.

Reactions: rlsmith1
I would like that option also so I don't have to remove the battery from my pvs-14 for storage. It's a minor inconvenience but I already have the external battery on my helmet.

Exactly. Any I've got lead weights in the back of my helmet to balance things, might as well make it useful instead of literally carrying rocks