• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC-03XX

03XX
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2022
Kansas
I had posted about this quite a while ago but some problems in my personal life kept my money tied up. Well I’ve just landed a side gig for 1000$ and I can put back about 600$ a week eating ramen… just got my 4-16 atacr this way. Now it’s time for NODS. I was active duty back in 2005-2009 did the war of ramadi thing, go out private contracting for another 4 years working with a small Pmc taking pretty sexy contracts. I’m just a gardener now. But I still have managed to basically complete my kit minus, Pvs-14’s possibly clip ons, and obviously IR laser light combos. Please educate me gents. What brands and models should I be looking at? I’m hoping to keep the PVS-14 around 3000$ and want white phosphorous. That’s about all I know for sure. Plan on getting a Mich bump helmet first for wearing purposes.

Thank you all for your time.

We have thin filmed WP PVS14s new with 5 year warranty in stock for around that price with the SLH mid grade Elbit systems of America tube, not the xls "bottom of the barrel" tube grade.

You mentioned a "Mich bump helmet"- some of the old style helmets don't have a NV shroud or way to mount them, be sure you get one that does. It will make your life a helluva lot easier when mounting your NV versus the old rachet strap setup that they used for old PASGT and Mich that didn't have a shroud or the hole(s) to place a shroud.

Feel free to call or email if you have any questions. We have over 30 years in business.
Robert
www.jrhenterprises.com

Jesus I’m so out of touch with current stuff thank you 🙏🏻 once I get my money lined up we will be in direct contact. What kinda price range? 3-3500?$ thank you for your time… other manufacturers you recommend for bump helmets with mounts? Or just make sure I get the right one with the mounts?

Reactions: Lowdown3
No worries.

The Ops Core bump helmet is a good option, it will come "mission configured" with the NV shroud, rails for lights and ear pro, better suspension set, velcro for counterweight on back, etc. The high cut are great for ear pro compared to the old style helmets.

Yes on the price range. Feel free to post or reach out with any more questions.
Robert

Reactions: USMC-03XX
Thank you again. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be at a point in my life where I can save up for my own NODS 🥰 hopefully just one month 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🇺🇸

No worries. When your ready just give us a call and we can help you pick out a nice unit.

I can vouch for JRH, bought my first PVS-14 from him last week. At my door two days later. Customer service and comms were excellent (including a question I had late Saturday night that he responded to immediately).

I got a gem of a tube with 2500 FOM for a great price in line with your budget. It's the Elbit WP thin-filmed SLH tube Robert mentioned. Buy with confidence!

I can vouch for JRH, bought my first PVS-14 from him last week. At my door two days later. Customer service and comms were excellent (including a question I had late Saturday night that he responded to immediately).

I got a gem of a tube with 2500 FOM for a great price in line with your budget. It's the Elbit WP thin-filmed SLH tube Robert mentioned. Buy with confidence!

Appreciate your business, thanks again!

I can also vouch to the excellent service and straight dealing you will have with Robert and JRH. Have done business with him for many years and he is as straight of a shooter as you will find on everything and provides impeccable service. Very rare in today's world. You will be dealing with an A plus person and company.

I can’t wait 😝 I haven’t had nods in years and have had my fair share of hard times. I was homeless for almost two years after my life fell apart from the typical ptsd/tbi after I got out of the business completely. It’s been almost 10 years since then and I finally have my kit and my life back together. Minus nods. 😎😎😎😎🇺🇸🥹🫣😁now I gotta do something about my dad bod , i don’t even have kids 🤣🤣🤣😬🤣

i suppose perhaps I should have asked for a price range before giving one. I apologize for my Ignorance. What do you recommend? My last time with nods was 2010 gen 3 Pvs 14 green phos. USMC issued…. I stated my conceptual desired result. I’ve seen pics of the white that have so much detail and gain (this is similar to brightness in layman’s or am I retarded?) it’s really beautiful. I loved my old ones while i was still active too though…. I guess my point is that I’m already eating ramen, and living ultra spartan, is there a decently better model or intensifier or ? That would be more intelligent if I’m already spending 3500$? I don’t understand the whole “thin filmed” “unfilmed” im lost 😬 I’m not ignorant to “google” but figured I’d enquire here first to see if it can help Save time and I’d rather hear from y’all and spend my money on the right thing. From the bit of googling I’ve already done it seems most places want like 4000$ for anything white phos gen 3 Pvs 14 type. Am I ignorant? I apologize if I am. Seeking guidance is all. Hope you guys had a good 4th. I hid under my bed for the majority of the weekend 🤣🤣🤣🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Last edited:
We have several options in tube grades in thin filmed- the SLH mid grade and then the High Grade model that utilizes either a YH or VH thin filmed tube. Most everything we have in stock currently is VH grade.

The other option utilizes a 20UM L3 Harris un-filmed aka "filmless" WP tube.

All options are white phosphor, all are standard PVS14s with Carson housings and glass, all are autogated, all come with the same accessories. Only difference is the tube type and grade.

For the high grade thin filmed and the unfilmed, we offer hand select at no extra charge, just give us a call when your ready to order as inventory changes hourly, so when your ready we can help you pick out exactly what your looking for.

Currently, looks like we have 48 units built and ready to go (down a bit from recent sales) and another 160 tubes in stock, so plenty currently to choose from. Feel free to give us a call 9am to 7pm Eastern M-F or 9 to noon on Saturday. 912.379.9441 or 912.375.1480
[email protected]

We have several options in tube grades in thin filmed- the SLH mid grade and then the High Grade model that utilizes either a YH or VH thin filmed tube. Most everything we have in stock currently is VH grade.

The other option utilizes a 20UM L3 Harris un-filmed aka "filmless" WP tube.

All options are white phosphor, all are standard PVS14s with Carson housings and glass, all are autogated, all come with the same accessories. Only difference is the tube type and grade.

For the high grade thin filmed and the unfilmed, we offer hand select at no extra charge, just give us a call when your ready to order as inventory changes hourly, so when your ready we can help you pick out exactly what your looking for.

Currently, looks like we have 48 units built and ready to go (down a bit from recent sales) and another 160 tubes in stock, so plenty currently to choose from. Feel free to give us a call 9am to 7pm Eastern M-F or 9 to noon on Saturday. 912.379.9441 or 912.375.1480
[email protected]
Absolutely adore your professionalism and assistance. Just a few more weeks 🙏🏻😅🥹😎😎😎😎😎😎🫣🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 I really appreciate it gents and thank you again Robert. I am also Robert. LOL Threw me off at first reading earlier, and even though I am a marine, I realize I’m not the only one named Robert!!!🤣🤣🤣

No problem, whenever your ready just give us a call and we will get you a 14 headed your way that day.
Thank you for your service!

• Love
No problem, whenever your ready just give us a call and we will get you a 14 headed your way that day.
Thank you for your service!
Ok so quick update, I’m almost 2g deep and this weeks paycheck I’ll be able to pull another 1000$ and I have another 4-8 hours on a side job I’ve almost finished but won’t be able to work this weekend so hopefully next weekend I’ll be sitting around 4000$ with the money from my weekly paycheck….. I apologize for my ignorance but was curious what “aviation quality” tube costs or whatever the best is. Within reason. Hoping that’s around the 4000$ mark, if it’s close I could wait an extra week or whatever… have been kinda toying with the idea of dual tubes…. I know nothing about duals except when I was in I wasn’t special enough to get them lol. I know they add depth perception and double the cost…. In my 8 years of experience a mono tube worked beautifully…. Not sure if double the price is worth the cost to return ratio… seeking expert advices. I plan on using these in a work related sense as I been thinking about possibly doing the Pmc thing again…. Or something related… regardless, I want them to be able to take abuse to some extent and picture quality is something I would like to accomplish as much as possible.

Going to purchase the team Wendy bump helmet first, then probably a used pec 15 if I’m able. Or I hear the Steiner a3 is a good weaker cheaper option???? Wilcox mount? Is there something better? I also plan on getting coms for my kit. Something encrypted… thank you all for your time and hope you’re handling this nightmare of a heatwave well. Reminds me of ramadi here in Kansas lol

If your looking at filmless we have the 20UM grade of unfilmed, very clean tubes. Best bang for the buck in filmless IMO.

We have dual tube sets as well, with both thin filmed and filmless. Katanas and RNVGs in stock and shipping right away, no 12 week wait.

The A3 isn't a bad choice but as you said a weak'ish illuminator. Most people couple an A3 with a Luna ELIR 3 illuminator but with the war those are getting very scarce.

• Love
Missed the mount question-

Take a look at the Norotos Lo Sto mount, it's going to do all the G24 does and then some, and the one we offer is force to overcome, which means you just push the damn thing up when your ready to stow it, versus finding a crazy little button in the dark, with clothes on, etc. in order to release the mount.

Can’t thank you enough. Probably gonna stick with the single tube no film like you mentioned 🥹😍, I know I will end up purchasing another later and will just buy duals down the line. I just got a promotion today which gives me a decent little extra, so I know after I put a truck online at work, duals will take me as much time to save for as a single.🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 I cannot thank you enough man. Your dedication to your work is impressive. I’m nobody and I randomly post a looser question about a small order and you jump all over it. Seriously man thank you 🙏🏻. I cannot wait to get my pvs14. And I’m thinking just getting the pec 15 second hand. I had one before and loved it. Almost too bright…. What’s your opinion on that? I’m sorry to pester. Again thank you. Seeking advice. 🙏🏻😎🇺🇸

Not trying to dig on Lowdown but there is a member on here, @CoryT who I bought my 14 from for 1600 bucks, now this was a few years ago, and I am sure prices have gone up a bit, but not that much. It was a very lightly used unit and has a FANTASTIC tube.

Buy a Team Wendy or Crye, preferably Crye, bump helmet for a few hundred, a mount and you will be GTG.

Do NOT get the bayonet fitting mount as they loosen up badly with use, but rather get the dovetail mount with matching dovetail J arm. Then if you ever run duals you will already have the mount.

I turned a buddy on to @CoryT for a 14 and this is a pic through his tube.

IMG_5141.jpg

The Norotos mount is solid and I don't see any need to change. IMO the G24 is in diminishing returns territory considering cost.

All we have is New night vision and all of the 14s are White Phosphor. You can't even buy just a new tube for less than around $2000. right now and that would be a lower grade tube.
We don't carry any used NV.

Ok so I’m 2500$ deep right now, was thinking about duals again but I’m sticking with the mono. Almost have enough !!!!! That side job is this weekend and hopefully we finish, then I’ll be at 3500$ 😎🇺🇸🥹

Last edited: