• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS 14 with 3x adaptor lens and Aimpoint

dieselten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Can I use the 3x screw in front lens for the PVS14 and an Aimpoint? How will it work? Will it be as good as a D740 or M845? Will it all fit on a standard AR flat top?

Thanks

Re: PVS 14 with 3x adaptor lens and Aimpoint

While it will work with the AP's, EO's are a bit better with wider FOV through the EO's and work well. AP's will show more shadowing effect due to looking through a tube sorta speak vs. the EO's. It can also go on a standard AR rail using a mount such as our TM-14 http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-tm14-pvs-14-weapon-mount/ but the AP or EO will have to be forward enough to make room for the PVS-14 magnifier. Usually the AP or EO located on the last slot on the AR receiver, but can get real tight up there also based on your BUIS.

The view will not be as good as a D740 or M845 as these are dedicated NV scopes and built for this reason.

The TM-14 PVS-14 weapon mount also utilizes the AP Twist Base that will also allow you to use the AP 3x magnifier for day use. We kinds killed 2 birds with one stone here by making our TM-14 to fit the AP twist base. This was a direct request from several Mil units.

Vic

Vic is correct. I take my BUIS off and put it in my pouch or pocket. Works just fine then. I use mine behind an eotech. Tried it with an aimpoint and just did not like it as much as the eotech.

Always keep the iron sights with you. Easy to take off and put back on.

The 3x magnifier is great.

Thanks guys. I have a hard time believing the Gen2 M845 has a better view than a Gen3 PVS14 with an Eotech. Do you mean wider field of view or actual brightness and resolution?

Dont get me wrong Vic, I would rather pay $1800 for your M845 than $2500 for a PVS14 plus $400 for an Eotech.

Will I really be able to identify and engage targets farther with the M845?

Make sure that you but an eotech that is NV compatible. Sounds silly, but not all are.

Night vision is one of those things where the few dollars you saved really cost you in performance you didnt get.

It does definitely cost more because it is obviously better. Most times instantly if you have both options right in front of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys. I have a hard time believing the Gen2 M845 has a better view than a Gen3 PVS14 with an Eotech. Do you mean wider field of view or actual brightness and resolution?

Dont get me wrong Vic, I would rather pay $1800 for your M845 than $2500 for a PVS14 plus $400 for an Eotech.

Will I really be able to identify and engage targets farther with the M845? </div></div>

Indeed a Gen 3 has more brightness than the M845 and a bit more resolution. What I did mean (should have worded it better), is the FOV itself of the dedicated aspect of the M845 vs. a 14 behind an AP or EO (with the EO having more vs. the AP) is much better. Unless of course your PVS-14 is 20 years old + and then the M845 would probably be neck and neck with the PVS-14 . :)

Don't get me wrong, the M845 with a Torch Pro Illuminator is VERY good at 100 yards with just a bit lower resolution at 49-52LP and the Torch Pro would make up for the brightness loss.

Vic

I think for 100 yds or less the PVS-14 and 3x magnifier behind an EOTech is the way to go. I pig hunt weekly and this is the setup I use most. It gives you more options. Helmet mounted to navigate, then weapon mounted for the shot. I use a DLOC for the weapon mount because it is extremely fast and easy. If its a close range shot weapon mount the PVS-14 w/o the magnifier or use on helmet w/IR laser. Also you can still use gun during the day unlike a dedicated NV weapon site. Just many more options with PVS-14.

Look at MOD Armory or I^2 Technologies. Both have great customer service, are site sponsors and carry the DLOC

envismounted.jpg

I have used my PVS 14 and a 3x magnifier with the Eotech and the Aim piont mini, the combo works great with both, how ever when used with the Eotech the feild of view is better.
143q9lh.jpg

6johf8.jpg

Which Eotech works best with the PVS14 and 3x? There are so many and I can't really find a comparison chart. Any suggestions?

update - I have been doing a lot of reading and narrowing down the ones I see advertised and think maybe the XPS3-0 may be the best one?

Anyone use this sight with PVS14 and 3x Aimpoint on twist mount? Is the height good or is a special mount required to use with the Aimpoint 3x?

I hope I didn't hijack the thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harvey55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Eotech works best with the PVS14 and 3x? There are so many and I can't really find a comparison chart. Any suggestions? </div></div>

Make sure it is NV compatible. Sometimes you can find a non-NV model that is dim enough to work but better to be safe than sorry. If you don't have a lot of rail space the EXPS3-0 is nice because it's shorter.

have used both 512 ref f and the last bushnell halo made before the Eotech 512 came out which uses n batt. both have several lower settings after loss of visual sight and with adjustable gain on the nov get a good nv sight pic.

So are you saying the EXPS is best used with an Aimpoint twist mount due to the 7mm height increase as opposed to the XPS?

Just want to make sure it all lines up so I get the best/brightest sight picture. Thanks.