• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SepticDeath

Live Free or Die!
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2014
Indiana
Can you guys point me in right direction on what vendors to buy from? Definitely want a white phosphorous monocular. Budget around $4,000. Not new to night vision as I used PVS7 as an infantrymen in the 82nd. Thanks for the help.

You want an L3 filmless white phosphor with Carson glass. My wife got a 1701 fallout tube from Sure Shot. Res was below spec but other numbers where amazing and it crushes my thin films in low light. It was <4k$. You can get full spec filmless tubes for a little over 4k.

If you're dropping that kinda $ I'd say do your homework and get a bad ass tube even if you have to get on a waiting list.

Reactions: SepticDeath
You want an L3 filmless white phosphor with Carson glass. My wife got a 1701 fallout tube from Sure Shot. Res was below spec but other numbers where amazing and it crushes my thin films in low light. It was <4k$. You can get full spec filmless tubes for a little over 4k.

If you're dropping that kinda $ I'd say do your homework and get a bad ass tube even if you have to get on a waiting list.
^^^^+1

We have PVS14s with Elbit Systems SLH grade White Phosphor (WP3) and Green phosphor (GP3) tubes in stock and ready to ship today. End of the week we will have the higher grade VH White Phosphor units ready to ship also.

Direct email or phone is quickest to get a reply
[email protected]

Every vendor mentioned in this thread is top notch. I love Jay at SureShot, TNVC is awesome, Wig and SOK are awesome, HEAT in Tulsa is awesome, JRH is awesome (though I haven’t done much business with them personally).

Make a few calls. See who you like the best. They’ll all serve you well. Don’t be lured by the half-breed crap floating around. AVOID Optics Planet and Trybe like the plague. AVOID AGM and ATN as well. Get a legit, straight-up Carson PVS-14 and don’t look back.

Every vendor mentioned in this thread is top notch. I love Jay at SureShot, TNVC is awesome, Wig and SOK are awesome, HEAT in Tulsa is awesome, JRH is awesome (though I haven’t done much business with them personally).

Make a few calls. See who you like the best. They’ll all serve you well. Don’t be lured by the half-breed crap floating around. AVOID Optics Planet and Trybe like the plague. AVOID AGM and ATN as well. Get a legit, straight-up Carson PVS-14 and don’t look back.
When you say Carson, is that the glass that is used in the tube?

Last edited:
Carson makes the housings, usually people say "Carson glass" and they mean the Carson housings and the glass that comes with.
Elbit housings are also top notch and mil spec. Carson sells complete PVS14 housings, but also components.

It's the agm stuff with the knockoff housings with weird glass that you want to avoid.