• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS-22 Birthday surprise/ EliteUAS shout out

crispy

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2022
Atlanta
Shout out to Felipe at Elite UAS. Decided to give a night vision scope to my dad as a birthday gift, knowing next to nothing about the subject. Did a consultation with Felipe and he took time asking questions, answering my own, explaining how the devices function, features and differences -- and ultimately made a recommendation based on the best unit specifically for my intended applications. Decided on a gently used OSTI PVS 22 -- and it is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever bought.

Surprised my dad with it on his birthday, and he was speechless -- I believe it is the best gift he's ever gotten. And totally unexpected.

We had been shooting all afternoon with some friends and his 556 was still on the tripod when we went inside to watch football. I snuck out and clipped on the NV. A few minutes later after it got dark I suggested that we go shoot some tracers. Went outside with five in the magazine and my dad asked if I wanted to shoot -- no, you go first Dad. He got behind the rifle, and I asked if he could see the steel targets through the scope. No -- way too dark. I reached over and clicked on the NV, and asked: How about now?

"Wooooooooah ... night vision!" his exact words

Took turns blasting steel with tracer rounds in almost pitch dark -- one of the coolest things I've ever seen next to the look on my dad's face when I told him after that the optic was a gift to him.

Thank you again to Felipe Bastos and EliteUAS -- very happy with the product, process, and result. Putting some pics on here, but they don't do it justice. Steel targets were visible plain as day in real life.
20221112_183527-COLLAGE.jpg

20221112_183237-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:
Dude I’m just glad I could be apart of this for you and your dad. No thank you like this was necessary; but it definitely made my night!!!!

Thank you again, and be on the lookout for that Kiji 3 degree soon :D

Also thanks to @MikeRTacOps for sending you my way, I learned a lot about customer service importance and even business in general from Mike. When he called and said he had a friend that needed NV… well… I guess what I’m trying to say is thank you for the trust, business and friendship. Ive made a lot of friends on the hide in the last few years that make this journey that much sweeter! Few know this but Mike built my first precision rifle almost 15 years ago. Hope to have another from him sooner than later!

Regards,
Felipe Bastos
EliteUAS
Thank you for always being a complete gentleman and a class act customer...

Thank you for the kind words and the opportunity to build you a Tac Ops platform my Ninja 🥷...

Mike R.