• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS-24 and recoil

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
All,
I do a ton of coyote control and I have a question for anyone that can help out. I got a call to take out a bunch of coyotes that are raising hell with a guys turkeys. It will be a night time setup due to being in a populated area. There are a metric shit load of "WOKE" people living near buy. Running a suppressed 5.56 will not be quiet enough. So I'm thinking about running my .338 Spectre with controlled fracturing rounds. For those unfamiliar with this round, it is pushing a 230 gr. bullet at 1042 fps off of 10.0 grains of Lil' Gun. So.... Am I going to F'up my PVS-24 with this round? It is a bolt gun and I swear I don't feel much recoil from it, but I really do not want to risk the PVS.
Thanks
ST42

that's about like a 45 acp. Should be fine, I would imagine.

Reactions: TheHorta
Nothing too exotic. Got my first 9mm can the night of a planned Halo party... Halo 1... long time ago.

I set a sand bag on the bed in the guest room and added water to the can. During pizza and conversation (no XBox noise yet) I went to the guest room and fired two quick rounds into the sand bag. (Just a wall between guest room and dining room).

Nobody noticed.

I’m not the only one who does this, right?

Do really think the recoil impulse of a subsonic 338 would actually mess up a PVS-24?

I mean, I doubt there would be any noticeable recoil at all. In fact, I'd think that load would be alot like 300BO...

I know this guy that shoots subsonic 220smks outta 300 BO with a 338 can and you can barely feel the rifle move. It's a guy you know really well...

Last edited:
Reactions: Eliteuas
Thanks guys. I have a couple of days before this all is set to happen. I’ll be taking the MK12 and the Spectre to the range to see how they compare side by side.

You better put headshots on them is all I will say or What is likely to happen is you’re going to have a coyote or two that winds up running off after being hit with your sub Sonics and being found by said woke folk. Coyotes are tough fuckers and not interested in dying typically. That’s my .02

• Love
Reactions: Eliteuas
@Killswitch Engage Beleive me, I‘ve been killing coyotes for over 40 years. Last year I took 48, almost all were live stock protection. When I was running a PVS-27 I had zero run-offs of the 11 I shot with this bullet,
Controlled Fracturing
All were within 100 yards and I only had one bullet core exit on one coyote. That one was shot just around 30 yards out. The bullet is truly devastatin.