• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVS 27 question

glider

Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Argyle NY 12809
How is it these units sell for <$4k ?
I get it there Gen 3 Pinnacle and not WP but still thats like 6 grand right?
Also does anyone other than FLIR work on them? if I wanted to upgrade tube.

Last edited:
How is it these units sell for >$4k ?

the ones youre seeing out there for that are the unit NOS trade in's. if you go to a vendor you wont be buying a new one for $4-5k. that said, youre a fool to not buy one that has started floating around if you want one.

No fool here
Just picked this up.

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1615(1).jpg
    IMG_1615(1).jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 63
How is it these units sell for >$4k ?

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to ask in the first couple of lines.

How is it that they sell for more than $4k? Brand new they are much, MUCH more $$. ~$4k is a great deal for a good condition PVS-27, given what they are capable of.
Yes, they're gen 3 Pinnacle tubes installed from the factory, not white phosphor. Are you asking if it is $6k to get one with a WP tube or the cost to upgrade your existing PVS-27?
Yes, Jay at Sure Shot Night Vision works on them and does upgrades.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to ask in the first couple of lines.

How is it that they sell for more than $4k? Brand new they are much, MUCH more $$. ~$4k is a great deal for a good condition PVS-27, given what they are capable of.
Yes, they're gen 3 Pinnacle tubes installed from the factory, not white phosphor. Are you asking if it is $6k to get one with a WP tube or the cost to upgrade your existing PVS-27?
Yes, Jay at Sure Shot Night Vision works on them and does upgrades.
how is it they sell for $4k or less ,my bad , symbol back wards ,when there listed new or refurbished for $10k or more I am just commenting on price point it seems for what they are they would sell for a higher price thats all .
I reached out to J honestly why not just buy one new for what it costs to rebuild

Last edited:
probably should learn the differences between <$4k and >$4k if want people to know what you are asking.

just saying.

how is it they sell for $4k or less ,my bad , symbol back wards ,when there listed new or refurbished for $10k or more I am just commenting on price point it seems for what they are they would sell for a higher price thats all .
I reached out to J honestly why not just buy one new for what it costs to rebuild

Ok, that makes more sense. You are correct, these are functionally worth far more than $4k. In their OEM configuration, they are the ultimate long range I^2 clip-on, IMHO. I've owned 100+ NVDs at this point, in green and white phosphor across the whole spectrum of performance specifications. I love my high spec white phosphor stuff, but I must say that I am one of those weirdos that prefers life after dark in green. The only reason I bring that up is because you need to be absolutely sure you want the white phosphor and can accept the reduced recoil rating before moving forward with it. The white vs. green thing is purely my opinion, but there are other seasoned users who agree. Full disclosure, perception is big factor here and there are people who have owned/used as much or a lot more NV than me that prefer white phosphor.

Reactions: Killswitch Engage
Ok, that makes more sense. You are correct, these are functionally worth far more than $4k. In their OEM configuration, they are the ultimate long range I^2 clip-on, IMHO. I've owned 100+ NVDs at this point, in green and white phosphor across the whole spectrum of performance specifications. I love my high spec white phosphor stuff, but I must say that I am one of those weirdos that prefers life after dark in green. The only reason I bring that up is because you need to be absolutely sure you want the white phosphor and can accept the reduced recoil rating before moving forward with it. The white vs. green thing is purely my opinion, but there are other seasoned users who agree. Full disclosure, perception is big factor here and there are people who have owned/used as much or a lot more NV than me that prefer white phosphor.
Thanks
Just started purchasing NV components, your experince or insight is appreciated.Was thinking there is some tech related to pvs27 that might account for so much depreciation.

having been through dozens and dozens of nv units...i would have to say im in your camp on preferring gp over wp. to my eyes its just more friendly overall.

Thanks
Just started purchasing NV components, your experince or insight is appreciated.Was thinking there is some tech related to pvs27 that might account for so much depreciation.

whats going to happen is much like the refurb 30's....these nos 27's will dry up and get hard to find. then it will be hit or miss on finding them and new ones still near 10k

Reactions: jwramp
whats going to happen is much like the refurb 30's....these nos 27's will dry up and get hard to find. then it will be hit or miss on finding them and new ones still near 10k
KSWE
Found your thread NV thermal kills
whats your go to scan and shoot set up?
Im thinking NOX helemt mounted and 27 up front