• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS 30 thru the tube picture thread! PICS ADDED

19dsniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Fort Hood Texas
Saved for upload tonight,

They are coming guys, I’m just trying to get uploaded and I’m trying to be picky so that I don’t make these units look like crap. They are absolutely amazing and the pictures just don’t do them justice like you would see in person. So I’m being picky.
As this unit is tested with different optics, I will report what the optic is and how it performs with the PVS 30. I’m curious to see if there is a discernible difference since all of them will be looking thrunthe same 30.
8B78EAF5-8B61-403A-A2D7-672701AC61B5.jpeg
8F9D422B-34B1-4DD3-B60D-DF4E998FBDA9.jpeg

I will test a few Bushnell elite 3.5-21 HDMR, NF 5.5-22x56, NF 4-16 ATACR F1 T3, Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27, Vortex Razor HD II 1-6, and probably some others.

Ok, here are a few. These are still really crappy. Anyone with pointers on how best to do this, please let me know. I will continue to update as i have more.

Scope Used : Bushnell Elite 3.5-21 HDMR

200 yards, no external illumination: don't remember what power setting i was on.

300 yards, No eternal illumination:

300 Yards, with Illumination from "tuned" ELIR 3:

Flag pole and buck at 1,058 yards: scope set on 21x

Flag pole and buck at 1.058 yards, scope set on 10x

Please keep in mind that as my technique improves, so will the pictures hopefully. I really can not do the image justice as all of these are actually clear to me, regardless of what they look like in the pictures. I am also fighting the camera trying to get it to focus on an image that is being transmitted thru the scope, and all i can seam to do right now is get my camera to focus on the crosshairs, even when i am shooting manual focus. I may have to build some type of contraption that will allow me to get everything mounted in line and at the proper focus distance to make things work better.

I will update with more photos and different scopes as i continue to test. I will say so far that i do believe that the NF ATACR F1 transmits more light at equal magnification settings, and i actually thing it resolves better because it then allows you to turn your gain down even lower to reduce the noise coming in.
Further testing will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shifty6BR
What is on the ocular lens in photo 2?

That is a rear camera mount that allows you to take pictures thru the lens. I have tried using it while also using the PVS 30, and while it takes excellent pictures and video during the day, the small point and shoot camera that will fit the mount, are no where near good enough to use for low light, high ISO pictures in the dark. I wish i had a small point and shoot that would fit that mount that would allow me to shoot at a low ISO setting in full manual. With the camera attached there and the rifle on a bipod and rear bag, it would allow you to take longer exposure pictures to gather more light at a lower ISO.
Anytime you have to raise the ISO it induces its own "noise" into the pictures and makes NV look so much worse than it actually is.

For daylight photos, here is what it looks like. I use it with my kids to allow me to not only see where they are aiming, but to also record their hunts!

Last edited:
Are these photos working for you guys? If I view it on my computer i can see them, but when I use my iPad all I see is a box.

Are these photos working for you guys? If I view it on my computer i can see them, but when I use my iPad all I see is a box.

Boxes for me as well. Viewing on iPhone.
Really interested in 19dsniper’s posts. Debating to get one of these refurbished PVS-30s, or spend some more money and get a high resolution thermal clip-on that can pick up targets at further distance.

Aww snaps, hey the pics aren't showing up. If you're using imgur try copy and paste bb code. Looking forward to the thread, will try to contribute when I get a chance.

For imgur bb code use

[ i m g ] h t t p : / / i m a g u r _ u r l . j p g [ / i m g ]

most important REMOVE THE "s" in https !!! (thanks yellow hammer) ...

also for the imgur url copy the DIRECT LINK ... not any of the others ... using these procedures will post the pic AND avoid the banner .. .

PVS_30 at 415 yds on 25x in front of NF 7-35x T3 ... looking at mineral feeder on ridge .. .

Bm32CtBh.jpg

For imgur bb code use

also for the imgur url copy the DIRECT LINK ... not any of the others ... using these procedures will post the pic AND avoid the banner .. .

PVS_30 at 415 yds on 25x in front of NF 7-35x T3 ... looking at mineral feeder on ridge .. .

Bm32CtBh.jpg
All im seeing for your picture is a box with a question mark. LOL

Well that method worked for a while ... so all my pics on all threads not visible?

I guess the hide programmers are busy working to make sure we are not bored trying to post pics here ! :D

For imgur bb code use

Bm32CtBh.jpg
I tried this procedure and i still see a banner. Are the pictures at least up now?

Well that method worked for a while ... so all my pics on all threads not visible?

I guess the hide programmers are busy working to make sure we are not bored trying to post pics here ! :D

Not sure what you did but its working now.

ETA: OK, this is blowing my mind. The page refreshed and now its just a blue box again..... Im out. I will check back later tonight and see whats going on with these photos. Good luck.

I can see yours... I just cant see mine by following the same procedure. They show up but as soon as I log out and refresh they disappear and fail to load at any point in another browser Im not logged into my imgur with.

But no, all the images from your practicing thread are missing.

For the most part the attach files option on SH page works for me, some other forums I have to use the imgur method I have been using, perhaps I am doing it the ole fashion way but its been working over time since photobucket went nasty, but here goes..

I log into my imgur account NOT using the app, either I upload or select an image in my library.

Above the image on the left there is a drop down menu listing several different urls

I select bb code then directly right of the drop down menu the bb code url will appear, I copy the entire link then paste it to my reply in the thread such as...

GkX9PCG.jpg

Seems to work fine, hopefully someone else with more IT xp can explain it better, I am no expert by any means whatsoever, just a local idiot.

For the most part the attach files option on SH page works for me, some other forums I have to use the imgur method I have been using, perhaps I am doing it the ole fashion way but its been working over time since photobucket went nasty, but here goes..

I log into my imgur account NOT using the app, either I upload or select an image in my library.

Above the image on the left there is a drop down menu listing several different urls

I select bb code then directly right of the drop down menu the bb code url will appear, I copy the entire link then paste it to my reply in the thread such as...

GkX9PCG.jpg

Seems to work fine, hopefully someone else with more IT xp can explain it better, I am no expert by any means whatsoever, just a local idiot.

Well, that is working well. I will try to get more pictures up this evening! Any request on what optic to do next out of the ones i listed in the first post?

Here's a couple videos I have taken through a sideshot using my PVS-30 and a Vortex AMG.
The phone definitely degrades the quality a bit at night.

I am almost positive this was a 500 yards steel. Chance it was 400 but it was one of the last videos on the phone and I rem taking a few at 500.

The racoon is roughly 300 yards. I actually missed this racoon twice while it was in the exact same spot(once in a different video) and the only thing I can conclude is there is a tiny piece of brush in front of him that was making some wierd optical voodoo happen? All the shots on video look to be broken clean and as soon as he moved I smoked him.

Anyways hope y'all enjoy and hope to have more videos soon.

Something else to note in the coon video after the first shot you'll notice the IR is not centered anymore.
This was before I had my adjustable mount setup and I just had the torch pro kind of tweaked in the holder. The recoil dropped it down.

Sorry guys. Just got back from an extended hospital stay. Turns out I over did it at the gym and ended up getting Rhabdo. I’m back now. Hope to slowly start rolling out new pics and video soon.