• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS-7A Help

mcimma

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Mass.
Hello All,

I have the opportunity to get some PVS-7A's through the government for my pd. They are complete with the exception of the intensifier tubes. I dont know much about the A's. Are there any reasonably priced tubes out there? Are these worth getting (we only pay shipping) and trying to get working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mark

Re: PVS-7A Help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcimma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello All,

I have the opportunity to get some PVS-7A's through the government for my pd. They are complete with the exception of the intensifier tubes. I dont know much about the A's. Are there any reasonably priced tubes out there? Are these worth getting (we only pay shipping) and trying to get working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mark </div></div>

Mark,

The PVS-7A is a decent scope but quirky design. They do not use the PVS-14 or PVS-7 B/D mount but rather the same type of mount that a PVS-15 or BNVD uses.

I find the battery tray tends to be rotted out in many due to leaking batteries. The battery door seal is commonly broken allowing moisture in. The on/off switch is also a common problem as they tend to twist and break the solder joints.

That is the bad news but the good news is if all is in good shape they are a decent scope. The PVS-7A uses a MX-10130 style tube and they are easy to find. Prices vary from $700 for a lower end tube to about $1500 for top of the line.

Just make sure the MX-10130 is the C model or above as they have the oblong contacts that will work with all models.

Thanks for the info. I actually turned down the A's for a handful of B's from the govt. Hopefully I can locate some image intensifier tubes (if anyone has any suggestions, fire away) and get these puppies working for my guys...

The 7B is a much better choice IMHO. Being that all you want is tubes at an affordable price I would call Summit or AEO and see what deals they have in bulk.

Ed Wilcox is another option. Some dealers will sell just tubes and prices vary depending on quality.I would give dealers that support this site first crack at your business and make many calls to get your options.

For what you want a phone call is a must to get the details.