• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PVS22 mounting options

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Fellow Members,
I am in a pickle. I am trying to find a mounting system for my PVS22 that I want to put on a Rem 700 short action or my Surgeon rifle thats in an AICS. What should I go with?

Thanks

Re: PVS22 mounting options

i found this after a quick search

STOMP.jpg

its made by Larue, but their site says its LE/Mil purchase only. its rediculously expensive anyways. $600 just for the mount system.

there's IMUNS from badger ordnance. looks to be the best for AICS. or you can go with the MARS system.

i appreciate it guys. i checked out the STOMP system from larue and saw it was mil/LE only and thats what made me post. I got police buddies and they said they would order it for me but I dont want to get them in any hot water. may not have a choice otherwise....

who makes the MARS system ?

The Badger EFR (Embedded Front Rail) Mount is the best solution on an A5 stock.

xc9opf.jpg

651lr7.jpg

Closeups:

2pyyrsk.jpg

2n0tzic.jpg

With KAC PVS-26 mounted:

240wu8y.jpg

w1zr4n.jpg

The Badger IMUNS (Integrated Mount Universal Night Sight) is best for an Accuracy International Chassis. It will work on AWs as well. Here it is on an AW SM:

2hnlzzn.jpg

mtux51.jpg

qyw9kj.jpg

288z0ar.jpg

With PVS-26:

2ros3ly.jpg

2v2b39w.jpg

Triad has both.

The Badger setup definitely looks less cumbersome than the Larue mount. Man, that is expensive for just a mount. One could almost buy a genII dedicated optic and just swap them out in QD mounts.

In my experience the Larue mount is OK where it is not possible to have a rail , like the IMUNS , mounted in front of the scope setup , otherwise talking about the AI SWSs or AI chassis the IMUNS is the way to go .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcmillanman5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tigerbikes, those rifles are sick!! How does the KAC PVS-26 perform? </div></div>
The 26 is KAC's long range version of the 22.
It is quite simply amazing technology.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Badger setup definitely looks less cumbersome than the Larue mount. Man, that is expensive for just a mount. One could almost buy a genII dedicated optic and just swap them out in QD mounts. </div></div>
One could have 3-4 installed Badger EFRs for the cost of one LaRue STOMP. And the Badger is significantly more stable.

TIGER- Can you take detailed pictures of the bottom of the IMUNS with the bipod removed from the rifle? Im in the market for the IMUNS, but Im trying to cover alot of "ifs, whats, etc" to make sure $300 is a worthy investment for my AI rifle. Im looking at the "exploded view" of the IMUNS from Badgers website, and I cant figure out where the "Lock plate" goes. Im asking this because I want to add a picatinny rail to the bottom of the "Bipod Mounting Block" on the IMUNS, that way I dont have to buy a Accu shot BT19 & BT20 set. That alone is going to cost $130.00. I do appreciate it.. Any suggestions is welcomed!!

Revival of a 2 year old thread!

If you add the atlas to the IMUNS you are going to have one very long setup. I would suggest buying a rail kit from Phoenix Tactical, same people who make the pod claws, and use that to mount the atlas.

Why not mount the atlas in the front hole in the IMUNS.
Atlas is offering the bipods with the AI spigot, and that is a pretty nice setup.
Personally I dislike very much the use of bipods underneat of the foreend and they are in conflict with the lefthand for all other positions than prone.

I once made this conversion/solution for those who prefers Harris bipods on the AI guns, but so far it's not in produktion I have only made them for some limited military contracts. That way the rifle will be somewhat lowered, the tension of the rotation can be adjusted, the bipod is QD and never in conflict with the support hand.

harris01.jpg

harris.jpg

Håkan

SPUHR- nice setup! I dont want to create a "lego" effect on my rifle. If I can attach a rail to the bottom of IMUNS, and not add the BT spigot and picatinny rails I would like to do that. The BT spigot and rails are like $130.00.. If I can get a rail mounted to the IMUNS, I might be in for about $30, including the rail.. Im just looking at my options here.. Noting is deff until I know for sure what I want too do.

RX- I wonder if Larue sells alot of this configuration. OMG, I can not believe how cluttered it looks. just my .2

Just found out that the IMUNS is in the process of having a picatinny rail machined into the bottom of their setup.

I love ours, compared to the PVS10s and the first UNS from KAC totally different world, NVG capabilities with the 26/29 are ridiculous these days

I remember the PVS-10. Back in the day it was great especially when compared to the PVS-4's.

Does anyone have a list of barrel contours that will work with the EFR or similar systems?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have a list of barrel contours that will work with the EFR or similar systems? </div></div>

Along the lines of this, I understand a Krieger MTU profile is too thick for the EFR. Is there another NV rail that would go on a Manners stock that can handle an MTU barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RX7-2nr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i found this after a quick search

STOMP.jpg

its made by Larue, but their site says its LE/Mil purchase only. its rediculously expensive anyways. $600 just for the mount system.

</div></div>

i've used this mount, it's heavy but a nice system

ok, sorry if this has been mentiones, but I did not read every post... Due to lack of toys & kit here, I tend to get creative in order to get things working...
I was looking at a PVS22 and as mounting system I pondered just attaching a picatiny scope ring on the scope facing upwards, slap a rail on that & attaching the PVS with it's std mount.
If you use a quick detach ring, you can leave the rail on the PVS & only have the extra ring on the scope. nope it ain't gonna be pretty, but it might just work...