• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pvs30 va Aquila 6x dedicated?

Dogsniper

Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2014
    Wyoming
    I have a reap ir thermal that is great for detection and killing up close but distorts at distance so I can’t identify Coyotes.
    Which one of these gives better Clarity for distance and pin point repeatable half moa accuracy?
    thanks.
    And any info on where to buy new or used.

I have a reap ir thermal that is great for detection and killing up close but distorts at distance so I can’t identify Coyotes.
    Which one of these gives better Clarity for distance and pin point repeatable half moa accuracy?
    thanks.
    And any info on where to buy new or used.
    Pound for pound a qaulity dedicated NV scope at the same magnification will overall look better than a clip-on. You're not peering into another piece of day glass. Obviously you have the luxury of a clip-on mounting advantages but for pure clarity and contrast, a dedicated NV scope is fantastic.

Give Ken at NAIT (North American Integrated Technologies) a shout. He has his pulse on a lot of older gear. Also Ed Wilcox may have some insights as well.

Reactions: Dogsniper
    I think the Aquila only has a cross hair reticle so depending on how far you’re trying to shoot, the pvs30 + an optic with a more capable reticle might be the only usable choice

Reactions: TheHorta