• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS7 through laundry 😮

Evolution 9

Hurter of feelings
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2010
    Central Idaho
    So…

A friend borrowed a PVS7 from another friend snd somehow it made it into the laundry. He says it still powers on but is blurry. (I told him to remove the batteries asap).

He needs this repaired or worst case replaced before returning them and I told him I’d ask you guys where he should send them.

Any help is appreciated!

PVS-7’s are the easiest NODs to work on. Just unscrew the objective assembly, remove the tube and splitter, and let it dry out.

Also, the blur might be from detergent abrasion on the optics. That’ll be immediately evident.

Well he could always hit up Night Vision Devices and get a new PVS 7 with a high spec Gen 3 white Toob and give that back to his buddy and keep the washed one for himself.

I am sure they would be "besties" forever then. :ROFLMAO:

He’s actually the kind of guy who would do that. Fortunately he’s not involved in the NV world enough to know that kind of thing is an option.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
    Give them back in the daylight 😁👍

IMG_6146.gif