• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PWS MK220 - .308

barrickmr

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2020
Good afternoon all. I have been running my PWS MK220 now for about two years and had zero issues with it. I did change out the trigger, the stock, muzzle device, and of course, painted it. I have mainly been shooting surplus ball ammo through it.

I have been considering loading some heavier grain 308 rounds. Primarily looking at the .308 Hornady ELD-X projectiles. The 200gr and 220gr to be more specific. The reason behind that decision is my experience with the 6.5 ELD product line (flight characteristics and terminal ballistics against soft targets.) I am curious about what custom loads people are running in their AR10 style rifles.

108549804_2723454724644549_5668485552838532816_n.jpg

1:10 twist should spin the heavier bullets fine.
can't help with development though...just factory ammo for me.

1:10 twist should spin the heavier bullets fine.
can't help with development though...just factory ammo for me.
Yeah I have shot some 200gr ELD loads and it was pretty smooth. *The suppressor assists with that lol. I am intrigued by these softball size 220gr....

Probably won't get enough speed out of the 200/220gr bullets to make them effective out past a few hundred yards. You're going to have to really shove them in the case in order to get them to fit within the magazine.