• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Px change in August

Schw15

Longrange
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    Screenshot_20210624-122157.png

I'm confused, so regular guys that don't pay anything to be on here can still post stuff for sale for free?

This is a email i just got im sure you guys got one too. Its not going away but how i take it is have to pay to sell $20 a month or $200 a year. Im lowlight will chim in and explain

Yea I didn't get an email or anything either

This is a email i just got im sure you guys got one too. Its not going away but how i take it is have to pay to sell $20 a month or $200 a year. Im lowlight will chim in and explain
    Yeah I interpreted this to be an error and that SH Admin meant that free members will no longer have access to post new threads in the Classifieds but paid members will be able to. This is to crack down on new users posting up ads and then not paying more or less. Everyone will still be able to read and reply to ads.

I got the email as well and I wasn’t sure what it meant. I’ve been keeping my eye open for a thread about it. Hopefully someone chimes in with some clarification!

Reactions: Schw15

I’m pretty sure “all members with” should read “all members without”. Just based on information that’s already out there.

I personally would not want to deal with the amount of bullshit Frank and the mods have to deal with thats just originated from the PX.
    NO SPANKYOU 👍

I’m not the smartest dude out there at all, so that could have something to do with my confusion… But the email the OP is talking about was sent out on June 24th titled, “Here’s what’s new from Snipers Hide” and it says something different than the PX questions on repeat thread. That thread is also a few months old with the last post being in April. So when I see an email saying here’s what’s new, I can’t help but think it’s just that, new. Could be a typo in the email announcement or I could be a complete dummy. I feel better not being the only one that’s confused though 😂

I’m not the smartest dude out there at all, so that could have something to do with my confusion… But the email the OP is talking about was sent out on June 24th titled, “Here’s what’s new from Snipers Hide” and it says something different than the PX questions on repeat thread. That thread is also a few months old with the last post being in April. So when I see an email saying here’s what’s new, I can’t help but think it’s just that, new. Could be a typo in the email announcement or I could be a complete dummy. I feel better not being the only one that’s confused though 😂

Also, considering the OP states, "....On Aug 1st, all members with a supporter or commercial account will no longer have the ability to post ads in the post exchange..."

Yet, on the upgrade page under Commercial it states, "Unlimited Posting Ability/Ability to Sell in the Post Exchange."

So, there is a typo someplace or I'm just not smart enough to figure it out either.

Reactions: JGunns
    Also, considering the OP states, "....On Aug 1st, all members with a supporter or commercial account will no longer have the ability to post ads in the post exchange..."

Yet, on the upgrade page under Commercial it states, "Unlimited Posting Ability/Ability to Sell in the Post Exchange."

So, there is a typo someplace or I'm just not smart enough to figure it out either.
    @lowlight need some clarification here if possible thank you

Upgraded accounts should all work

I will clarify them, probably just terminology confusion, upgraded accounts are what we are looking for

if you want to use the PX you need an upgraded account too many people reporting everything because we tried grandfathering people so now all upgrades only

Upgraded accounts should all work

I will clarify them, probably just terminology confusion, upgraded accounts are what we are looking for

if you want to use the PX you need an upgraded account too many people reporting everything because we tried grandfathering people so now all upgrades only
    Dont call me a grandfather ass hole i havent earned that title just yet 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
    Reactions: camocorvette
    Been here for 4 years and haven't bought or sold anything.

Then changes to px, was grandfathered in.
    Now out.

Bummer.

Really don't see the big deal here and nothing has really changed unless your talking about the old days of 100 posts to post in the PX. I buy things all the time in the PX without paying a dime to SH I just keep an eye out for things I need and snag em up when I can. When you WTB or WTS something in the PX pay the $19.95, sell or buy whatever you need, and either keep the monthly charge going or end it. It cost $ to Sell/Buy on Armslist, you cant do firearms on Craigslist or Facebook, and your going to pay a fee to sell something in a gun shop so nothing is free anywhere else. I personally do not want the PX to go anywhere cause a lot of things cant be found online or in the stores anymore but it can be found on SH so if I gotta pay $19.99 to find some things I shoot no biggie. SH has never been primarily about the PX forum its more about the information...

Reactions: Schw15
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong....

Basically motherfuckers created more work for Admins by Blue Falconing us grandfathered PX users via the Report button, so now that benefit of Hide longevity will end...

Probably the same motherfuckers that kept writing letters to the BATFE asking questions about bump stocks and shoulder braces.

I believe we can still buy and look just not sell but it isnt terrible hopefully keeps the scammers tamed down. Only way it sucks is if your going to sell small items but at least its staying. It is a huge bonus to the site

So if I'm understanding this correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong....

Basically motherfuckers created more work for Admins by Blue Falconing us grandfathered PX users via the Report button, so now that benefit of Hide longevity will end...

Probably the same motherfuckers that kept writing letters to the BATFE asking questions about bump stocks and shoulder braces.
    Correct. At least thats how I'm taking it