• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors px4 storm??? I have pistol fever

Aces&Eights

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2010
Wisconsin
want to pick up a .40 for my wife and looking for insight. please spare me any caliber rhetoric and please, please Beretta haters and/or Glock lovers need not reply unless fact based, not partisan info is shared
wink.gif

I have read very solid reviews and they are certainly priced right.

Re: px4 storm??? I have pistol fever

I've also heard of people having some issues with the Storm. If you're looking at lighter price tags, I'd check out the M&P. If you're willing to drop a little extra cash, go for a Sig. All of this is, of course, IMHO.

I owned a PX4 Storm in 9mm, and the subcompact as well. They were both reliable, and plenty accurate. I did sell mine because they were both too thick to ccw comfortably, and I didn't like the slide-mounted safety. Also my 92FS was more accurate than my px4 and they had a lot of overlap.

I traded my full-size PX4 for a glock 17, and I like it fine but am not as impressed as everybody said I would be. It is lighter and easier to ccw than the PX4 though, so that's good. I never have had a malfunction out of either PX4 or the glock that replaced it.

If I were going to pick again and I wanted a .40, I'd go with an M&P. The whole unsupported-chamber in glocks makes me too nervous with a .40 cal, and the M&P has an excellent track record. Also the grip angle feels more normal to me, and although I shoot the glock fine now it did take a bit of practice to get used to both the trigger and the grip on it.

I've got the PX4 in 40. I've had zero malfunctions. The controls are nice and streamlined which is nice. Two things that I personally hate. First, the take down controls suck. They are wire rods and hurt the fingers like hell. Second, the trigger on mine sucks. Very heavy, lots of pretravel, horrible creep, lots of overtravel, and it's heavy as hell. But, I bet with some trigger work that could be cleaned up.

while not cheap sig is the way to go. If you are looking for a full sized gun, go with the 226. if you want something that is a little bit more compact and would perhaps fit your wife better, go with the 229. I shoot my 226 ALOT and have NEVER had ANY problems with it even after hundreds of rounds without cleaning, it has a nice heavy but smooth and clean double action and nice and short but not jerky single action and is easy to shoot well and is my personal preference for handguns. However, I also have alot of experience with the beretta 92 and it has also been great. it has a very smooth and predictable trigger especially on double action which is easy to shoot well with. My only complaint with that gun is that they cut the whole top of the slide away. WHile this looks awesome and has that sexy italian look, i think it is a design flaw because it alows dirt and especially fine things like sand to get into the gun and then cycled into the trigger and all around the action when fired. Also, and have handeled the px4 and its very nice and at a great price. Beretta is only second to sig IMO and any of these handguns will serve you/your wife well.

A double stack Sig is too wide for any woman's hand. Even with the plastic grip, they're not thin at all.

Any woman of average size will be unable to reach the double action trigger with a proper grip.

Get her something that fits her hand.

downzero is right in that sigs are very wide, thats part of the reason why i love them since i have big hands, but berettas are also pretty wide compared to most handguns. I guess the only way to make sure is to take her to the gun store and see what fits her hand the best because that is a big part of how much you are going to like your handgun.

I have the px4 in 9mm. It's tough as nails, cycle/eats everything I give it, has yet to have a single malfunction even though I've tried to induce one and I love the way it looks.

What I don't like is the safety switch. Other than that, I would absolutely buy another. The only other handgun I'd recommend is the 1911 and since it's for your wife, grip width is something you need to consider no? M&P, glock, 92s, and some sigs are all thicker wells.

if it matters, beretta did a 100k round test on the post 06 models with zero issues as well.

I love it

I shot a friends storm and while we haven't had any malfunctions it is just not for me. After reliably the only thing that matters is how it fits/feels to you. I think it looks/feels cheap but if it works for you go for it.

I have a PX4 in 9mm and it has functioned 100% with about 500 rounds down the pipe so far with various types of ammo

The ergonomics of the gun are outstanding and the grip fit my hand better than any polymer framed gun I have shot. It also has the 3 interchangeable back straps which is a nice feature. It is more accurate than I am and recoil is extremely soft. I'd recommend it to anyone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckeye Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot a friends storm and while we haven't had any malfunctions it is just not for me. After reliably the only thing that matters is how it fits/feels to you. I think it looks/feels cheap but if it works for you go for it. </div></div>
It does feel cheap, looks cheap, handles like a cheap gun. Breaks apart like a cheap gun and yet they charge a pretty penny for it. Plus they don't warrant their guns like Smith and Wesson, Springfield, Glock, HK, FNH. I would rather buy a nice gun then spend the same on a cheap one.
They feel bad also, look bad and shoot rather bad out of the box and there is nothing to upgrade parts with and everything cost more.

My department recently switched all of our previous model Beretta's with their new PX4 Storms.. I have to say its a lot different than shooting my Beretta 90-Two.. I loved that gun and never had any issues.. Luckily they let me purchase it so I can still shoot it off duty
grin.gif

The only thing that bothers me is the trigger. The trigger feels much longer than my 90-two.. so much its affecting my accuracy... I think with more practice I will be able to work with the feel of the trigger. Im happy to say I have yet to have any reliablity issues.

I think the twisting of the barrel is a joke. Supposedly its suppose to help with the recoil.. others in our department seem to think it helps but I see no difference at all.. I just hope this doesn't cause any issues in the long run with wear and function..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdsii64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 9mm PX4 [...] its accurate as the shooters skill </div></div>

Hehe, what a stupid comment.

Speak for yourself. Although the far minority of shooters, there are those of us whose abilities outperform certain weapons, hence the market for higher grades of quality and parts/weapons which are capable of better precision.

Just because you don't shoot steel silhouette or type in english doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

I think they came out with a tac model with a threaded barrel. My dept carries them. I was not a big fan of the company, but they seem to be doing ok.