• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Q Cherry Bomb stuck in Bottle Rocket

Woollymonster

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2011
Had a rifle at my gunsmith getting a blue print on a 700 action. Apparently, he over torqued the Bottle Rocket onto the Cherry Bomb. Could not get the Bottle Rocket off by hand so I put a 1/2" socket on the end of it. The Cherry Bomb came off with the Bottle Rocket and is now stuck.

I have tried to contact Q twice now through their website customer support form. No reply and no phone contact listed.

Obviously, the Cherry Bomb is going to have to be mounted to something that will hold it in place and overcome the torque needed to separate it from the Bottle Rocket. This is a known problem to Q. The instruction manual cautions against screwing the two parts together before mounting because "they will get stuck". No advice on how to unstuck it however. This will be a loss of both parts if I can't get them apart. Imagine if the Cherry Bomb gets stuck in your Thunder Chicken or Trash Panda? Not good.

Any ideas? I'm going to my dealer today and see what he thinks.

Thanks,
Woolly

Bottle Rocket

bottle_rocked_rear__1200x1200-2.jpg

This problem isn't limited to Q. I dealt with it pretty much on any taper mount set up. People don't realize that they don't need to gorilla torque it down. And that the muzzle device itself needs to be properly mounted first. The threaded stud and jam nut solution works.

The jam nut Zak mentioned definitely works. We had to do the same with our Thunder Chicken and Cherry Bomb. The Rockset method also works, we did that with one of their Fix rifles. You just Rocksett the muzzle device along with whatever's stuck to it to the barrel and wait for it to cure. Then you pop off the thing that was stuck to the Cherry Bomb.

Sounds like your gunsmith should replace your items. Q might be innovative, but he is impossible to deal with. Textbook asperger syndrome.

Not with silencers at least. Maybe you could call the El Camino/Erector baffle's cone shape unique, but just adding a couple of extra straight angles to a deep cone just to be "different" and calling it innovative is a stretch.

Last edited:
Had my cherry bomb get stuck in my trash panda... prob my fault because i did not get the mount TQ to spec in the first place.. and the BCM upper it was on dose not have a taper. But I put a ton of Rock set on the barrel screwed the mount and can on snug... Let it set up over night... can came right off.. After that I cleaned the treads good and remounted the cherry bomb with the right TQ and have not had a problem again. I assume this would be pretty rare if your mount is on a barrel with a taper for the mount.

I did send them a DM on Instagram Keven replied in 20 min, told me my idea should work... and if not i could sent it in and they would take care of it no problem.

You could try to reach out to Kevin on here.... oh wait the mods have him the boot because he is a douche. I would love to own some Q products but after reading some archived post on here and other forums I wouldn’t put money I. That ass clowns pocket.

Reactions: paco ramirez
I didn't know that the mods gave Kevin the boot. That kind of makes me sad. Sometimes prime, grade A douchebaggery can be entertaining.

You could try to reach out to Kevin on here.... oh wait the mods have him the boot because he is a douche. I would love to own some Q products but after reading some archived post on here and other forums I wouldn’t put money I. That ass clowns pocket.
Kevin’s account doesn’t show as banned or closed, so please elaborate on why you claim the mods kicked him off the forum.

Last edited:
Kevin’s account doesn’t show as banned or closed, so please elaborate on why you claim the mods kicked him off the forum.

Well not 100% he was given the boot but I was reading an old thread. He got a little rowdy and was told to calm down by a mod or he would get the boot. After that post he was gone. So maybe he left on his own but he was being a tool! He doesn’t seem like a bad guy and makes some great shit but get’s extremely butt hurt and defensive. Dude needs to learn how to take criticism.

Well not 100% he was given the boot but I was reading an old thread. He got a little rowdy and was told to calm down by a mod or he would get the boot. After that post he was gone. So maybe he left on his own but he was being a tool! He doesn’t seem like a bad guy and makes some great shit but get’s extremely butt hurt and defensive. Dude needs to learn how to take criticism.
Several people in that discussion were told to simmer down by the mods. Kevin did and continued to post within that thread. I am not a Kevin defender nor a Kevin apologist, but for you to say that he was “booted” from the forum is a lie.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Several people in that discussion were told to simmer down by the mods. Kevin did and continued to post within that thread. I am not a Kevin defender nor a Kevin apologist, but for you to say that he was “booted” from the forum is a lie.

Which I provided more context saying I don’t recall the context or know for a fact he was booted or not. But I do know for a fact he is not a member of the hide. We are talking about an archived forum thread from over a year ago. So simmer down. Doesn’t change the fact the guy can’t take criticism and jumps to conclusion and openly bashes other companies.

Which I provided more context saying I don’t recall the context or know for a fact he was booted or not. But I do know for a fact he is not a member of the hide. We are talking about an archived forum thread from over a year ago. So simmer down. Doesn’t change the fact the guy can’t take criticism and jumps to conclusion and openly bashes other companies
Not a member of the Hide??? You are talking out your a$$ guy. He was last active on the forums this month. The Fix discussion thread that he has been on is not archived and remains active. You should stop and let this go. You made a fictitious statement, was called out on it, and now keep adding inaccuracies. I personally don’t like Kevin, but you keep putting out bad info. The irony is that you also can’t take criticism and jump to conclusions...

Not a member of the Hide??? You are talking out your a$$ guy. He was last active on the forums this month. The Fix discussion thread that he has been on is not archived and remains active. You should stop and let this go. You made a fictitious statement, was called out on it, and now keep adding inaccuracies. I personally don’t like Kevin, but you keep putting out bad info. The irony is that you also can’t take criticism and jump to conclusions...
I will leave it at this and leave it alone. Sometimes you can’t teach people to read my immediate post after said post I don’t know for sure if he left on his own or was booted. I do know for a fact he was not an active member for sometime after that thread. So maybe he came back. I’m always open to criticism I told someone to simmer down after being called a lier. When they commented after me saying I’m not sure if he was booted or not.

Can’t fix stupid signing off.

Can confirm the Rockset method works. Reached out to Q and that is what they recommended. Applied rockset last night and came off no problem this morning.

Ayup, Rockset/red loctite method works. Q went through the trouble of putting a 1/2” nut on the end to torque it on, would’ve been slick to see the same thing on the back for a situation like this.

Reactions: kthomas
Install the cherry bomb with rockset and 30 ftlbs torque, like it says in the instructions. Torque suppressor (or other muzzle device) to no more than 15 ftlbs, and this should not ever be a problem.

Had similar problem w/ my TB Ultra 7 and the 30 CB brake. I had initially installed it with Rocksett but it couldn't take the torque of me hand tightening it and removed the brake with the can when I removed it. It's not the first issue I've had with Rocksett. I used blue Loctite and put it back on and was able to remove just the can after the Loctite set. No more Rocksett for me. I'm probably using it wrong but it doesn't hold well, sounds like sand in your threads, and tastes like sugar. It's my opinion that it's just that, sugar water that "glues" the threads then is easily dissolved in hot water to remove.

I'm probably using it wrong but it doesn't hold well, sounds like sand in your threads, and tastes like sugar. It's my opinion that it's just that, sugar water that "glues" the threads then is easily dissolved in hot water to remove.

Rocksett is a ceramic cement, its glass fibers suspended in water (AFAIK)... I wouldn't recommend tasting it

That being said, all you really need to properly mount a muzzle device is clean threads and proper torque. We also have included a feature in our taper mounts and tools for several years to make extraction easy on the very rare occasion a customer gets their stuck.

Heres a link to our newest (updated) Taper Mount tutorial which has replaced the one someone linked above

Reactions: ddavis
Rocksett is a ceramic cement, its glass fibers suspended in water (AFAIK)... I wouldn't recommend tasting it

That being said, all you really need to properly mount a muzzle device is clean threads and proper torque. We also have included a feature in our taper mounts and tools for several years to make extraction easy on the very rare occasion a customer gets their stuck.

Heres a link to our newest (updated) Taper Mount tutorial which has replaced the one someone linked above

I did follow the manufacture's installation instructions EXCEPT I used Rocksett instead of Red Loctite. Clearly my mistake. And as I stated above, it won't happen again. But thanks for helping me out. :geek:

Mine needed to be timed, so torque was secondary to timing.

Specifically 4:35

Reactions: GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT
It's a rare and special event when sponsor or vendor goes full retard; almost like getting to observe a Corps Flower bloom or seeing a Green Flash in the middle of the ocean.

It can be as entertaining as a papparock or a budly, but with the added drama and excitement of someone who is destroying their real world income stream in real time. Those of us who've been lucky enough to witness or participate will be chuckling and retelling the tale all the way to our deathbeds!
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: kthomas