• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Q Fix 556 16”

I have the original mini fix that came 8” 300blk. Did a proof 16” .223 barrel swap. Loved it till barrel went to shit with only 400ish rounds down it. It was shooting pretty good before this though. Sent back to Proof and said it they hand lapped and it shot “lights out”. Get it back and can’t hardly get it on paper. I tried two Leupold MK5 3.6-18, multiple cans, multiple bullets, powder, charge weights, tore down checked everything re-torqued 3-4x etc. Anyways it’s getting re-barreled now with a steel 18” 1-12t Muller works #4 couture.

Aside from all that it’s a sweet little rifle. Light weight, compact, and can be very accurate. Trigger is consistent and ok at best. If you’re used to trigger techs etc then it’s not that. I’d say 2.5-3lb pull.

Reactions: Jeff Gahler
Be interesting to have a experienced smith or someone bore scope it see if they can determine what caused to go bad
My uncle is a smith and he scoped it before sending to Proof. Couldn’t find anything crazy wrong with it besides a couple spots in the lands where pitted. Proof had it for about a month. Not mad at Proof. Sucks cause it was a $950 pre fit but shit happens🤷🏻‍♂️. Only satisfaction I got out of this whole deal was I always wanted to see for myself how a CF barrel is wrapped and whats the actual OD of the barrel. So we cut it in half 😂

Attachments

• IMG_7743.jpeg
    IMG_7743.jpeg
    791.3 KB · Views: 64