• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Q fix rifle barrel in 6br?

NotMalware

grumpy cat
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Daytona Beach, FL
Does anyone have any experience with 6br in the q fix? I understand that in an acis magazine you need a spacer, but I don't know how it would feed from the magazine used in the fix rifle. Does anyone make custom barrels for this rifle currently? I've only found prefit barrels.

The Fix uses AR10 type magazines - you would have to figure out first and foremost if the 6br will feed from the mags.

I doubt you’re going to get 6BR to feed well out of a SR-25 mag.

If you want 6BR performance out of a fix I’d just get a shorter 6 Creed barrel and run a mild charge of Varget. You’ll accomplish the same thing. I had a fix with a factory proof 6mm carbon barrel and it was a hammer and fed great from KAC mags.

Any competent gunsmith can make you a barrel, I know I’ve seen several people have them done so you could look and see who’s used who and that smith would maybe be more familiar atleast. Only issue is you’ll need to supply a barrel extension.

That's kind of why I'm asking about it here... I was hoping that someone had some experience they could share.

Last edited:
Is a spacer kit available for the SR-25 mag?

I remember seeing some guy made some 3D printed followers for a SR-25 mag a while back and he modified the mag with a plate too. It wasn't on a fix though so that'd be a hell of a gamble if it would work or not since fixes are picky about mags already.

It sounds like redneckbmxer24's idea about just loading down a 6 Creedmoor would be a better option. The SR-25 doesn't have a lot of length for heavy for caliber bullets, so maybe switching to 6.5x47 or 6x47 with a light load would do what I want.