• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Q Fix Stock Question

CrossOut

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2018
Comiefornia
Hi guys,

I'm Looking into buying a Q Fix Rifle in 6.5CM as I found a great deal on one. I have a question regarding the Stock. I noticed some have a QD Mount while others have a small sling loop hole. The Q Website also has varying results depended on the picture you look at with no detailed information. Some websites selling it will show it with the QD others showing the sling hole none of which explicitly mention it in the description.
1695250847578.png
1695250885374.png

Was this was a Generational change or is this something done in batch and I need to verify with the seller before ordering?

Thanks,

The QD socket is an older design, the loop is newer and to be used with their sling attachment.

Reactions: CrossOut
Yes, a generational change -- as per the above post, it's meant for use with para-cord, or whatever method you would prefer to use to attach your sling.

Thanks For Yall's Responses. Are there any other generational changes I should know about other that the sling attachment? It would appear they are still producing both stock variants would it be possible to confirm this?

Thanks For Yall's Responses. Are there any other generational changes I should know about other that the sling attachment? It would appear they are still producing both stock variants would it be possible to confirm this?
That is the only change on the rifle to my knowledge. I actually prefer the flush cup stock since I that type of sling.

Reactions: BurtG and CrossOut
That is the only change on the rifle to my knowledge. I actually prefer the flush cup stock since I that type of sling.
From all the research I've been doing, they went to the new stock for weight savings. And to get away from QD Mounts. I can understand arguments both for and against them. I got a bunch of QD stuff already so I went with that one.

Reactions: BurtG
I’m sure the bolt cocking mechanism got an improvement over the original release.

Either way I’ve got the flush cup early Fix. It’s a cracking rifle I’ve just stuck with a 2 bartlein 6.5 creedmoor. I’ve also got a 16” .308 and 24” 6.5 creedmoor. However the 20” plain works for me at the moment.