• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Q: Looking to Suppress my 6.5 MDRX: OSS or Orion X or anther?

DameLeche

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2020
Virginia
Just wondering if there are MDRX owners who have the experience to offer advice during my quest for a suppressor. As many already know, backpressure suck for cleaning, inhaling, and vision. The bullpup design just makes the potential for inhaling and vision impairment worse. To keep it simple, here is what I'm looking for:
1. minimal backpressure
2. accuracy
3. durability (at least withstands rapid fire)
4. quiet (at least hearing safe)
5. length
Those are rank-ordered from highest priority to lowest - first to last. The OSS company has a 308 can. Tactical Development X does have a 6.5 Orion X can. Any experiences/opinions on these? How do they compare to each other and to my list? Are there other options out there?

Thanks,
Dame

The Orion is almost entirely unknown at this point and I am not even sure if they are shipping units. Meanwhile the OSS is a known quantity recommended by multiple OEMs and professional users world wide. Check Pew science for independent validation of the claims OSS makes.

Buy the OSS and drive one. I used them at work and ended up buying two of my own.

Reactions: Surdez1994
Just wondering if there are MDRX owners who have the experience to offer advice during my quest for a suppressor. As many already know, backpressure suck for cleaning, inhaling, and vision. The bullpup design just makes the potential for inhaling and vision impairment worse. To keep it simple, here is what I'm looking for:
1. minimal backpressure
2. accuracy
3. durability (at least withstands rapid fire)
4. quiet (at least hearing safe)
5. length
Those are rank-ordered from highest priority to lowest - first to last. The OSS company has a 308 can. Tactical Development X does have a 6.5 Orion X can. Any experiences/opinions on these? How do they compare to each other and to my list? Are there other options out there?

Thanks,
Dame
I've been using a friend's omega 300 while we're both at the range (my first can is still in form 4 jail) and as long as you adjust gas as appropriate, it's done me just fine. I would say the MDRX is an excellent suppressor host, which isn't really that surprising when it was designed to be from the outset. My method for gas tuning was simply start on lowest setting after putting on the can, and then increase as necessary to return to proper function.

You should also see an accuracy increase when shooting suppressed, as the weight will dampen the inherent barrel harmonics of the platform.

Personally for a dedicated 6.5CM can with as much quiet and accuracy as possible I would go with a Dead Air Nomad-L with the 6.5mm front cap and a xeno mount.