• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Q Suppressors

pkt1199

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2012
STL
I've been scouring for reviews and such for their suppressors but looking for any first hand experience that may be lurking here.

I've had a TBAC 30p-1 for several years and love it; but looking to pick up another 30 cal can. The goal of course being dropping 6-8dB based on updated design(s) and industry competition etc. I'd be open to an Ultra as well but they are out of stock most the time it seems.

Anyone have experience or been around a TBAC (newer Ultras) vs Q, or any can compared to Q for that matter.

The last thread like this went well. LOL
1534455453681.gif

As for whether the Ultra is quieter than the Q, I haven't heard or metered them side by side so I couldn't say one way or the other definitively. I believe that the TBAC Ultra series is quieter than their older TBAC 30 series though and it's most definitely one of the quietest I've heard.

As for the Ultra being in stock: https://www.bugholes.com/product-p/thdr-ultra-9-cb.htm

Reactions: rwest309
There are quite a few threads on here with comparisons and such

Oops meant owners of the cans rather than companies.

Doesnt thunderbeast do recores of the 30p1? That helps to get the one you have quieter. As for wanting to get another can, thunder beast ALWAYS comes up multiple times in a which can thread.

Popcorn factor was big previously. If you haven't read that one you should. Thunderbeast seems like a much better company all around to me.

Doesnt thunderbeast do recores of the 30p1? That helps to get the one you have quieter. As for wanting to get another can, thunder beast ALWAYS comes up multiple times in a which can thread.

Popcorn factor was big previously. If you haven't read that one you should. Thunderbeast seems like a much better company all around to me.
Wow, I had no idea they did recores. Sure enough though, take it up to ultra 9 - no paperwork and much quicker turnaround.

Thanks for heads up

Wow, I had no idea they did recores. Sure enough though, take it up to ultra 9 - no paperwork and much quicker turnaround.

Thanks for heads up
I've talked to Zac a fair bit about that option, and I'm not saying its a bad way to go. You do gain the performance, but you don't gain the weight savings or another can, and the cost last time I checked was something like $750. For that kind of money, I want a seperate, lighter can.

Don't have any experience with thunderbeast but I went with the Q thunderchicken. Has everything I want. Lightweight while still having great sound suppression with larger internal volume, tapered muzzle device that doesn't carbon lock or walk off and I can put on multiple hosts. I've only shot it with 300 blk until I receive my tax stamp, but even indoors the subsonic sounded great. I plan to use it on a 6.5 bolt gun as well.

Short video of my first shots through the can if interested.

Thunderbeast seems like a much better company all around to me.

This would seal the deal for me, TBAC checks all the boxes. From the way q conducted themselves in that other thread and not having any products that are a game changer, I could care less.

I've considered the re-core for my 30P-1 but after the costs, I'd rather have another can. It still sounds good against my other modern 30 cal cans.

The owner of Q seems to be the common denominator in a lot of animosity with respected names in the industry. Area 419, TBAC, Bartlein barrels, and I'm sure many others. I don't think I'd be comfortable supporting a company like that.

Was anything that he said on here disproven? Just curious. I was looking into buying one of their El Caminos.

Does anyone have any accuracy data and repeatability data with the trash panda or the thunder chicken?

Looking for actual results, don't care about your opinions

Thanks

Does anyone have any accuracy data and repeatability data with the trash panda or the thunder chicken?

Thanks
Would also like to see some reliable meter results just to see if the tubeless and larger diameter really performs over a TBAC ultra.

Reactions: ruebarb
I've metered a Thunder Chicken. It meters the same as an Ultra 7.
Thanks Ray. I figured as much. I have my first can in ATF jail right now and pretty excited. An ultra 7 6.5! I appreciate your no-bullshit videos.

Thanks

I will soon. My thunder chicken just got out of jail. I've only shot it enough to set the gas blocks on my AR's. Testing accuracy and repeatability on my bolt gun is next on the to do list. I'll try to remember to post results here when I'm done.

Reactions: ruebarb
Ok, so I shot my thunder chicken today on my tikka 260. I shot six 5 shot groups, alternating off and back on with the suppressor between each group. The suppressor didn't seem to help or hinder accuracy at all. POI shift was 1 MOA down, and maybe a hair to the right, like a 1/4 MOA. It was a pretty consistent shift, within the error of my shooting. My tikka is wearing a 26" medium Palma barrel. I was shooting prime ammo, which my gun doesn't exactly love, so it was hard to say definitively what the results were. I will try it again once I get a load worked up for the new barrel. I might also try torquing the suppressor on to see if that makes the shift more consistent than just going hand tight with it. That is one nice feature of the suppressor, the ability to use a socket on the front cap, or a wrench at the mount side to install or remove it.

This is my first suppressor, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but my general impressions of it are good. The mounting system is simple and I have had no problems with it sticking or getting loose while swapping it back and forth between the tikka, two ar15's and an ar10. On the gas guns I am running superlative arms adjustable bleed off gas blocks, and with the gas blocks set to bleed off excess gas, there is little to no gas coming back through the chamber while using the suppressor.

I have a Full Nelson on the way, couldn't beat the deal I got yesterday, crazy sale & 10% off. I'll post up with results when I have them.

Bugholes.com has UL7 and UL9 on really good clearance prices. $800 to $850 for the UL7.

Thanks, already got a UL7 in jail though, Looking for a Trash Panda

I finally got out and shot the 30 Call Full Neslon, shooting 6.5 creedmoor, 140gr. wow is that quiet. Sounded like a 22LR. Possibly a very minor impact on accuracy. I'll be doing more shooting and comment further on accuracy impacts.

I finally got out and shot the 30 Call Full Neslon, shooting 6.5 creedmoor, 140gr. wow is that quiet. Sounded like a 22LR. Possibly a very minor impact on accuracy. I'll be doing more shooting and comment further on accuracy impacts.
If your have a .308 or .300bo bolt gun, try some subs...… It's stupid quiet. I love my Full Nelson. I shot a deer with Hornady Precision Hunter .308 eld-x and none of the deer on the nearby hillsides(100-300yds) flinched, the doe that was 5 yds to the right of my buck never even turned around.

I Love my Trash Panda on my 300BLK and 6.5G have not shot it on anything larger... but weighs nothing on the end on the rifle.. I am going to get one of there 338 suppressors when it come out

Had my Thunder Chicken since October and it's been fantastic. Shot Surefire, Sig, Gemtech and a SilencerCo Omega, but ultimately went with one not tried on rec of a friend. 2 of my buddies who have been shopping and waiting placed orders for the TC after trying mine so it wasn't just my ears that liked it. Subs are hilariously fun to shoot. Didn't effect accuracy either way tiny poi shift.

That’s my next can
I think I'd of been pleased with any of the cans I tried really all got the noise down to what seemed to be safe levels with good muffs. Wish I had professional quality dB meter to try and get some levels. Whatever the case in my little sphere it's been overwhelmingly positive. Have fun shopping

Have you been able to do any accuracy comparisons yet? I've been shooting my rifle and decided to start shooting groups beyond 100yds, but have noticed a POI shift along the windage axis, and am looking to see if its me or an equipment issues. So today I tested out the POI shift suppressed and unsuppressed to see what the difference is at 100yds and 200yds. My rifle is the Q Fix with the 24" Proof carbon fiber barrel, I was shooting Hornady Match 120gr ELD, and I was using a lead sled(rifle wasn't strapped in) to hold the rifle to try and take me out of the equation as much as possible. I've attached pictures of my groupings at 100 and 200yds

Attachments

• IMG_7376.JPG
    IMG_7376.JPG
    487.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7377.JPG
    IMG_7377.JPG
    491 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7378.JPG
    IMG_7378.JPG
    606.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7379.JPG
    IMG_7379.JPG