• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Q Suppressors

Q needs to make the Cherry Bomb in a longer version so it can make a shorter barrel into the legal 16.1".

Q is against pin and weld just like most adults....
I'm against it too, but the law is the law, and I don't want to SBR my rifle just to end up restricted in transportation, etc. Not gonna run a brace on this one either.

For the half nelson owners; I was told that this can needs a good 45 degree shoulder to mount up effectively; how true is this. Is that my only attachment option?

No problems with rounding off your shoulder with direct threading it?

I have a thunder chicken and it great on 300bk but not on anything else . I mean it work good but for it’s size you’d expect much better high power ammo suppression . I’ve watch videos of the q silencers getting built would they work a A WHOLE LOT BETTER if every single baffle wasn’t ported ??

That’s true . I have noticed from a lot of testing videos the q silencers have a lot more gas jetting out the front of the silencer . Where u want it to go . But getting any study info from a video is Subjective at best .

One strange thing with the thunder chicken is I know it louder than my other silencers but everyone swears it is the quietest to there ears . I bought it because sig silencers where discontinued and I know the q line is a sig off shoot so it works very well on my mcx lvaw configures rifle

Tone can play a big role in the perception of sound. How loud a suppressor sounds has as much to do with the listener as it does the meter readings.

I was at a run and gun and a guy asked me if I was shooting a 300 BO. I was shooting supersonic 223rem, but he was very impressed with how the can sounded.

Talking about a subjective parameter such as tone while ignoring objective measurements of peak levels, total waveform energy, and kurtosis is basically like David Lee Roth saying "I don't feel tardy".

Audiologist tell us that a 10 fold increase in sound pressure leads to approximately a 2 fold change in perceived sound intensity. Add to that the fact that the bell scale is logarithmic- 120 ==> 140 dB is a 100 fold increase in sound pressure, but only about a 4 fold increase in perceived sound…

But, the question wasn’t about hearing damage, it was why do people say the TC sounds quieter than it meters. The answer is because sound is perception and everyone is a bit different.

I, for example, have tinnitus (not from loud sound exposure) and high frequencies blend into the ringing I hear all day every day.

Teenagers have much better high frequency response than older adults, and some inventors have used this fact to develop audio hazing devices that emit a high frequency whine. Loud enough to be annoying, high frequency enough not to be heard by most adults. But, designed and marketed to dissuade teenagers from loitering where they are not wanted to congregate.

Yes, a “loud” can with a “pleasing tone” will damage your hearing. And, is arguably worse than a loud can with an obnoxious tone- as one may be less inclined to wear hearing protection if the can “sounds good.” But, that still wasn’t the question.

Reactions: AMGtuned
I just bought a 12” 8.6BLK pistol from Gorilla the other day. Does anybody have an idea on when Q will be releasing their Pork Chop suppressor? Wouldn’t mind going the 338 ultra route, but thought it may be a little big on the 12” barrel