• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Q "The Fix" Bolt Lift (Yes I've searched!)

Heysie

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2019
Hi all,

First time post but I've done my research/searching and trawling through all the Q info I could find so please don't roast me for asking the question that I feel hasn't been properly answered!

Obviously others have encountered the dreaded bolt lift problem. Mine cycles smooth and light but is super hard to lift the bolt after firing a round, like ridiculously hard to lift the bolt handle. Have there been any DIY or gunsmith solutions without sending bolt back to Q? I'm in Australia and not confident on thr customer support if dealing direct with Q in the US.

What do Q do to bolts that are sent back to fix the issue?

Any help appreciated, love the rifle apart from this issue, but it makes follow up shots almost impossible!

You either get heavy bolt lift or light strikes. Which would you prefer? This is why most manufacturers stick with three lugs or less.