• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes QD Mount Interchangeability

QuarterHorse

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2018
Waukee, Iowa
I've had a few threads started asking questions as I'm just getting into the long range precision shooting. I'm some what jumping in with both feet, I have a Vortex Razor G2, building an AR10 for my father that he's wanting to use in some long range shooting, and I'll be getting an AI AT by first quarter end. This being said these things aren't inexpensive, and before going out and dropping another $2K+ on optics for the AI when it gets here, isn't something I'd like to do right away when there are other accessories to purchase getting into some of the "games" to be played.

Is there a QD mount I could run between the AT and the AR10 for a bit? Would I use the "low" rail on the AI and use something "normal" to an AR10 in a QD setup and be okay until I get another optic for it? I understand setting a zero initially will be required and I'm not new to shooting, just new to long range precision.

Thanks in advance

anyone one of the quality mounts will work. The problem that youre going to run into is using a mount on flattop AR that will allow the objective to clear the rail is going to out the scope pretty high on the AT. If you don't plan on running NV then yes, use the low rail.

Thanks for the reply.

Down the road a clip on thermal will hopefully get put on the AT, so my thought was the low mount with an AR height QD would make up the difference between the high and low mount. Perhaps not?

Thanks again

your looking at a ring/mount height of right around 1.5" for the AR, it will work for both but will just look a little goofy on the AT.