• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes QD mount with optic sitting lowest?

Double-edged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2002
Looking at using an AR for a dedicated "long range" platform and have only done so using risers and normal rings in the past. I'd like to put the optic in a QD mount but most of the mounts that I've seen and used are higher off the rail than I want for a more dedicated "long distance" optic and I don't really want to add anything to the rifle as a cheek riser. I might have to go ahead and use risers and regular rings but I thought I'd throw it out to the forum hive mind and see if anyone offers a QD mount that lets the optic sit low over an AR. Objective is 32mm.

Rye is right, the ADM SL's are the lowest I've found. I actually owned one in 34mm when I had my Bushnell 3.5-21, I had about a mm to spare above my LMT rail. Also check out GG&G, they have a nice low mount as well with a single lever similar to Bobro. You will find that most mounts made for the AR platform are pretty high because they are expecting you to mount above a BUIS or they are cantilevered and need the extra metal for strength I'd imagine. There was a thread started a few months back asking pretty much the same thing, here it is http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...clear-monolithic-rail-34mm-50mm-obj-hdmr.html

Last edited: