• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes QD mounts for transitioning from trainer onto match rifle.

precisionrifleman

BAMF
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I just picked up a RPR22 to do some winter training with and I am curious what mount is the gold standard for transitioning rifles while maintaining the best return to zero / zero shift.

Probably a one piece Spuhr. Not QD though.
Why does it have to be QD if it’s for a season? Nothing is going to go from your comp gun to a .22 trainer with no shift.

I understand there will be a shift, I am looking for a mount that is predictable and repeatable. I would like a mount that is able to be taken off and switched 4-6 times a year... Thanks

I am using an ADM Recon-SL (you might need taller for the RPR). Steiner scope, level, and mount are all one single system that switched between three rifles; a 22LR, a 6.5CR, and a 300WM. Each rifle has a 20moa base but I do re-zero with 2-3 shots when swapping between rifles.

I really don't see any reason that a quality set of rings couldn't satisfy what your after. A set of Seekins or ARC installed in the same spot every time and torqued in the same sequence and spec.
You are of course going to have to keep a log for settings, that I'm sure your aware of from rifle to rifle but you would have to do that anyway regardless of using a QD mount or not.

I like both Spuhr mounts and ARC mounts. I keep a Fixit Sticks kit in my rifle bag so their not being true qd is irrelevant to me. Both have proven extremely good return to zero for me in the past.

Forget QD. Get a good mount and install it properly with a torque wrench. You can move them easily enough. Not a NACAR pit tire change.

Reactions: precisionrifleman