• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

QD Pic Rail Front Bag Rider??

mjspeers

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2020
Anyone know of a quality qd picatinny attachment front bag rider? I have a seb mini-x. Any of my hunting rifles with front pic rails rides horribly on it. Depending on the gun I may remove the pic rail or just shoot with a bipod. I found some online that appear to be maybe 3d printed and/or made of plastic. But none that I could find had a qd style. I tend to shoot 2 guns at the range and the qd would be nice.

I stole a picture from Joel Russo at Terminus. I asked him about it, he says he made it himself years ago. I'm not that handy but may give it a shot if I can't find anything else. I'm aware of the school of thought that dictates I should shoot and tune the rifle how I hunt, but I'm still interested in trying this.

358140446_828892885258045_3512225486927975220_n.jpg

On most hunting rifles, I just don't see the need for arca beyond maybe a section by the magwell for tripod, like the manners lrh/ph. I'd prefer to leave my pic rails as most also have a qd cup.

I did see those options. Appear to be plastic/3d printed and non-qd. But certainly good options.

Buy a generic pic clamp block thing, and drill / tap your bag rider to it. I did one ages ago, also did an arca one for f-class.

Anyone know of a quality qd picatinny attachment front bag rider? I have a seb mini-x. Any of my hunting rifles with front pic rails rides horribly on it. Depending on the gun I may remove the pic rail or just shoot with a bipod. I found some online that appear to be maybe 3d printed and/or made of plastic. But none that I could find had a qd style. I tend to shoot 2 guns at the range and the qd would be nice.

I stole a picture from Joel Russo at Terminus. I asked him about it, he says he made it himself years ago. I'm not that handy but may give it a shot if I can't find anything else. I'm aware of the school of thought that dictates I should shoot and tune the rifle how I hunt, but I'm still interested in trying this.

358140446_828892885258045_3512225486927975220_n.jpg
What is the material on the top adjustable part of your rest? I would like to build something like that.

It’s basically a leather type bag. Unsure of the exact material. Here’s an example of a mini x

1688701178754.jpeg

I'm talking about the top part in your op picture that the rifle is sitting on kinda looks like some kind of light wood, brass?

I'm talking about the top part in your op picture that the rifle is sitting on kinda looks like some kind of light wood, brass?
That I can't say, as indicated that was stolen from a Terminus post. The owner made it. It is not my picture, I'm looking for something like it though.