• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

QD sling swivel info and reviews?

kingston

▬▬ι═ Ѡ ═ι▬▬
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
A few of us have been helping to beta test Arctangent's PRS QD sling swivel mounts over on ar15. I've personally found that I really like Troy's SS QD Sling Swivels for flush cups.

Can anyone recommend some other high quality US made QD Sling Swivels. I've been getting the feeling that there may really only be a few companies making these, while many are being sold under private label.

Re: QD sling swivel info and reviews?

Blackhawk are now owned by Bushnell and I bebieve that they are now made in China, MIM to boot.

Talon may be GTG.

I don't know who makes the Troy Industries flush cup swivels, but in my opinion $15.00 is a little much.

I use and would recommend that you look at the flush cup swivels made by Grovtec in oregon. They are all USA made and I'll sell them all day long at $12.00 each.

Grovetec also makes a nice regular QD heavy duty swivel for studs, however I use the QD heavy duty stud swivels made in Texas by The Outdoor Connection and are called the Talon Swivels.

Daniel Defense swivels look exactly like the Troy Industries swivels in the pictures on each website. Daniel's says they make their own swivels and Troy says they buy them but the guy I talked to didn't know where exactly but that they are made in the USA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the QD heavy duty stud swivels made in Texas by The Outdoor Connection and are called the Talon Swivels.</div></div>

I too use these for standard sling swivel studs. They are fantastic and are available in stainless steel.

The Troy's are stainless steel and I paid $13 and change.

I will check out the Oregon USA QDs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Daniel Defense swivels look exactly like the Troy Industries swivels in the pictures on each website. Daniel's says they make their own swivels and Troy says they buy them but the guy I talked to didn't know where exactly but that they are made in the USA. </div></div>

I just looked the Daniel Defense swivels online and they do look identical to the Troy stainless steel swivels that I have here. DDs website does not specify stainless steel. Does anyone know it they are SS?

This one looks like the KZ swivels... https://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/browse&category=slingmounts_railattachedslingmounts

I was not going to get negative but, I wanted to mention that I ordered a bunch of KZ slings and QD swivels. Of the 8 brand new KZ swivels, 3 were defective. The details are as follows:

KZ swivels all measured .3725, Cost $6.95 ea.
-one had only 3 bearings
-the second would not operate at all, you could not push the button in
-the third barely operated, as it would not allow all of the bearings to retract

These are brand new, who knows how many more would fail after a bit of use... I'll probably send all of them back fearing future failures.