• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QSM Suppressors...any thoughts/experience?

D Baker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, TX
I can't seem to find much info about QSM suppressors...other than the John Titsworth (silencerresearch.com) reviews...which speak highly of them in general. I had not considered them until recently but have had a few people recommend them. I am in the process of deciding on .223/5.56 and .308 cans. I'm curious if anyone here has experience with the company and their products? Any feedback on their products, service, reliability, value and sound suppression would be appreciated.

Thanks,
D Baker

Re: QSM Suppressors...any thoughts/experience?

Go to silencerresearch.com They are highly rated and very light.

They are loctited together and have a very tight bore. Titanium is not a great material for semi-auto rifle cans. If you don't mind those things, they are probably a fine purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are loctited together and have a very tight bore. Titanium is not a great material for semi-auto rifle cans... </div></div>
Why do you say that? Some folks think titanium is a better material:
http://www.qsmsilencers.com/Titanium%20facts.htm

titanium's strength drops off a bit fatser than stainless steel's when it gets hot , I think that if you ran a ti can on an AR style rifle and put allot of ammo through them pretty fast then you might have some issues.

I think that QSM uses K baffles in all their cans and seeing their size makes me wonder if K baffles are actualy more effective for rifles than some of the other styles or if their DB numbers are little scewed.

Conqueror , when you say they use a tight bore what do you meen by that as far as how much over bullet diameter

With the "very tight bore" are there more cases of baffle strikes with the QSM?

Their .223 can is .250" all the way through IIRC. Compare to KAC or AAC at .300" for non-tapered bores.

They also have a photo on their website of Dr. Quilligan testing a silencer in a non-standard method, so I'm wary of their dB numbers.

I have shot the QSM cans on a handfull of occasions and I find them to be a good quality and durable can with now issue's.

I have shit there .45 .223, .308 and .408 cans and havent seen any reason for concern or why not to buy one!!

Matter of fact I have a .223 can on order as we speak.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the "very tight bore" are there more cases of baffle strikes with the QSM? </div></div>

Yes, the bigger the bore the more "wiggle room" you have for bullets.