• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QSM vs AAC

skog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
Rhodes, MI
Wanting to get a suppressor for my TRG 42. Do I go with the titan or the quicksilver? No really wanting to be vauge but is one better than the other?

thanks
skog

Re: QSM vs AAC

Th SS Titan offers th best sound reduction , the Titanium one is a little less but said to be very very good still.

Never heard QSM 338 can but I wasen't to impressed with their 308 or 223 cans , especialy for the money

Check out Major-Malfunction.com. Bryon has both and you may want to talk to him so he can help you decide.

FWIW- The Titan series of silencers are probably the best thing we have ever done.

+1 for AAC (if you can find them.) Their products are state of the art, and their customer service is the best I have found in the firearms industry. They are worth the wait. PS Kevin...where's my Cyclone? (just kiddin')

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walt Her</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for AAC (if you can find them.) Their products are state of the art, and their customer service is the best I have found in the firearms industry. They are worth the wait. PS Kevin...where's my Cyclone? (just kiddin') </div></div>

Well that is a first. lol

AAC has been good to me as well. Had a light endcap strike on my M-4 2000. Sent in the suppressor, barrel, and phantom style mount. During shipping, the phantom mount was bent. When I received my gear back, my barrel was sporting a new blackout mount at no cost to me.

AAC has always given me great customer service. I recently bought a second-hand silencer mount and it didn't come with any rocksett; Mike quickly mailed me several bottles and a big package of AAC stickers, free of charge. They've done that sort of thing for me several times.

I have shot a bunch of the QSm cans. From .22 pistol to the .408 cheytac can and they rock.

I highly recommend them. Also own the .223 can from them you wont be disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC has been good to me as well. Had a light endcap strike on my M-4 2000. Sent in the suppressor, barrel, and phantom style mount. During shipping, the phantom mount was bent. When I received my gear back, my barrel was sporting a new blackout mount at no cost to me. </div></div>

Sorry, off topic.

What did they do when you sent it back? I had an endcap strike with mine a couple of months ago too, and just tapped it back down flat. The problem was some no-name bullets that were given to me and I reloaded, apparently the concave bases weren't consistent and were making them yaw. I've been shooting it ever since with no problems, just wondering what they did to it for you.

The quicksilver is kind of spendy, but the .308 version is a top performer for sound reduction.

Whether the stainless titan is quieter is up in the air as I've never seen results of either companies .338 independently tested.

They are probably both good choices. I have a customer who bought a Titan in stainless steel and I think even the large titanium product from quicksilver will probably weigh the same (the titan is like 42 ounces, the QSM product is probably right in that ballpark).

The Titan might be cheaper. I don't recall what both are going for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC has been good to me as well. Had a light endcap strike on my M-4 2000. Sent in the suppressor, barrel, and phantom style mount. During shipping, the phantom mount was bent. When I received my gear back, my barrel was sporting a new blackout mount at no cost to me. </div></div>

Sorry, off topic.

What did they do when you sent it back? I had an endcap strike with mine a couple of months ago too, and just tapped it back down flat. The problem was some no-name bullets that were given to me and I reloaded, apparently the concave bases weren't consistent and were making them yaw. I've been shooting it ever since with no problems, just wondering what they did to it for you. </div></div>

There wasnt enough damage to merit any type of repair. I simply wanted them to check out the concentricity of the barrel threads and QD mounts. Everything was good to go, and Ive had no problems since. Just a fluke round I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are probably both good choices. I have a customer who bought a Titan in stainless steel and I think even the large titanium product from quicksilver will probably weigh the same (the titan is like 42 ounces, the QSM product is probably right in that ballpark).

The Titan might be cheaper. I don't recall what both are going for. </div></div>
The Titan is substantially cheaper, $1650 MSRP and much less from a dealer like Maj Malfunction. The Ti QSM is $2100 MSRP and actually weighs 1oz more than the SS Titan at 43oz. The Ti Titan is more than the QSM but only weighs like 22oz, so the QSM is probably more comparable to the SS Titan.