• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quad Project

Ishikawa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2006
Austin, TX
Thought I would post up my Quad project. I didn't end up going the PAI route since I had already purchased my Quad, Barrel and Scope mount. Plus, I am not a huge fan of the T4's. Instead, I decided to source all of the pieces and build a more hunting friendly rifle.

I would like to thank all of the folks that have helped make this a reality: Tom Manners for offering me an MCS-T inlet; Mike @ CS Gunworks for offering me a scope; USO for offering a picatinny; HotRod9mm (RimfireTechnologies) for offering a bolt knob; and Llija for offering a Sundberg in .22lr.

I went with the smaller profile scope so that I could make barrel changes...works like a charm. All we need now is some bottom metal.

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

Re: Quad Project

Very nice. I almost went the same route on the stock for the .22 WMR that I'm building.

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me how much you are into this build for? I am considering doing one after I saw yours and the ones from the group buy. Thanks

Sure,

Stock from Manners, $475.00 bare bones.
Liljia Barrel $365.00
Sako Quad from GB, $399.00
Base from USO ?, From Rim Fire Tech, $60.00
Bolt Knob, $30.00, RFT
Trigger job and painting????

This should give you a start. You can resell the Factory barrel and stock to recoup some of the expense.