• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quad rails interchangeable between AR-10 and 15?

I Am Hero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I have a spare quad rail in my safe and I remember when I ordered it that it said "fits any AR15/M4 style receiver" so I bought it for my AR15 but ended up going a different route on that gun.

I have a S&W 10 on it's way and I am wondering if the quad rails are interchangeable or if I will have to order specifically for the S&W. If so I will get a different one ordered today.

Thanks ahead of time for the info.

They are not. Often, they aren't interchangeable between 308 ARs either based on the height of the rail on the upper receiver and/barrel nut variations. Midwest Industries makes a pretty slick keymod handguard that is nice and light specifically for the S&W.

I don't think JP will fit the S&W. The JPs are for high profile DPMS receivers with a .210" upper tang. The S&W has a lower .150" upper tang. The other JP 308 handguard version is for Armalite which won't fit the S&W either because of the barrel nut differences. MI would be your only choice out of those two. Not sure if there is anything else out there from another MFGer that might work.

FWIW, I would have picked the MI handguard over JP anyway. It has a slimmer profile (1.75" OD vs 2" OD), lighter (12.8 oz vs 18.9 oz), and it has keymod.

I don't think JP will fit the S&W. The JPs are for high profile DPMS receivers with a .210" upper tang. The S&W has a lower .150" upper tang. The other JP 308 handguard version is for Armalite which won't fit the S&W either because of the barrel nut differences. MI would be your only choice out of those two. Not sure if there is anything else out there from another MFGer that might work.

FWIW, I would have picked the MI handguard over JP anyway. It has a slimmer profile (1.75" OD vs 2" OD), lighter (12.8 oz vs 18.9 oz), and it has keymod.

Thank you for the suggestions on that. I actually ended up going with a Troy rail after I started looking at the low profile vs high profile receiver stuff. Should be a nice fit when it gets here.