• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing quadruple!!!!

aaronraby1

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2010
southern california
www.facebook.com
i beat my triple today! third set of the day and it was the only set that produced and i got a quadruple! let the first pair come to about 150 yards from the right, muted the call, one stopped, got that one, second one took off and i hit him on the run at over 150 yards. went to the hand call and as i did, the last two came from the left. the last two were hanging up over 200 yards out, but interested in the hand call. hit them a bit back crippling them and had to run up and finish the last two with the shotgun. 40gr nosler ballistic tip. remington 700 22-250. charles daly 3-1/2" federal turkey loads. full choke. the spitfire brought them in and my hand calls kept them there. i wish i had someone who would have filmed this!
quadruple.jpg

Re: quadruple!!!!

Nice work buddy, would of been a great piece of video... now your gonna have to up the standards and shoot for a quintuple!!!

Congrats! I wish my spitfire would call in coyotes like that;). Keep up he good work.

great day, congrats.

what distance with the shotgun?

i'm using 3.5" dead coyote ammo through a dead coyote choke, and getting darn good patterns at 70ish yards, 835 ultimag.

#4 buck works well through it too at that distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great day, congrats.

what distance with the shotgun?

i'm using 3.5" dead coyote ammo through a dead coyote choke, and getting darn good patterns at 70ish yards, 835 ultimag.

#4 buck works well through it too at that distance. </div></div>

i had to finish them with the shotgun. they were about 40 yards and they were pretty well peppered. i recently got the HS undertaker choke that was supposed to fit my shotgun but it didnt. i might try looking into carlsons. sounds like your setup is what im looking for. or just swoop up on my grandpas super black eagle two! haha

good work on the dogs, +1 on the sbe2 mine works great with the hevi shot tube and #4b or dead coyote

Wow great shooting! I have taken doubles before and am trying for a triple, but a quadruple is outstanding. I have a hard time hitting them when they kick in the afterburners after the first shot. Keep it up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">something is wrong...

first what is that green stuff

second where is the white stuff

lastly... Congrats !

is that a coyote decoy in the background ? </div></div>

snow is hard to come by here in sunshine all year southern california! hahaha nope, i dont know what that was in the back. ha. i set up on the bottom of that bank though between some brush. and thanks! still no cats though. maybe soon!

thanks for the comments guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
is that a coyote decoy in the background ?</div></div>

a large log "driftwoody" lookin'. either that or a kangaroo / chupacabra mix.

Now that is an exceptional day of doggin...don't know that I ever heard of a quad before by one guy. Way to go!

Nice job putting the song dogs to sleep.

im happy with the foxpro...sometimes. my experience with this model has been alright. i have to elevate it so i can get a good signal for the most part. a friend of mine has the fury and thats an awesome ecall and has no problems but we hunt kansas and theres not much brush. ha. i used the johnny stewart pm4 for a couple years and it was not so bad either. ive also been around the cs24 and thats an amazing setup too! i do like the fact that i have more sounds at hand with the spitfire than the pm4. the stock sounds are alright but i changed a bunch to what i like to use.