• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quads done

cjgemm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2006
York, PA
P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

-Lilja Quad.900" dia. x 21" finish
-Mac A5 in Forest Camo
-Rimfire tech 20MOA base
-Burris XTR rings
-Falcon Menace 4-14 FFP mil/mil EMD
-Badger bolt knob

HotRod 9mm's new bottom metal will finish this off nicely.

Re: Quads done

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ...HotRod 9mm's new bottom metal will finish this off nicely. </div></div>

Well I'm not sure the new T/G will clear the 10rd mag. If you don't mind send me the complete Quad so I can make sure it fits!
grin.gif

Very Nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how long did it take to get your A5? </div></div>

Ordered it in March from JW Precision. Received it last week. So roughly 4 months.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

After zeroing @ 50yds, put this out @ 200yds. 5 mills up and I was getting hits when the wind cooperated.

P1010048.jpg

Large one is 3.5"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After zeroing @ 50yds, put this out @ 200yds. 5 mills up and I was getting hits when the wind cooperated....</div></div>

Very nice! What ammo?

cool.gif

360+shipping for the barrel.

I was using Federal Champion 40gn HV (pretty consistent) also had some American Eagle plated 36 gn. that was hit and miss.

I had a Savage that shot like that at 200. I shouldnt have sold it.

How much does it weigh with everything on it? And like everyone else said, DAMN nice rifle!

Might be a stupid question.

But when you guys do this build or one of the Patriot builds can you still switch calibers to 17hmr or can you only shoot 22lr?

You can still swap barrels. Of course depending on your optics situation would determine if you would have to remove your optics to do so.

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadSlash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carbon Fiber Quantum? </div></div>

Yep! Aluminum coated dip process. Got one proto-type in the high-gloss like the pic and one that is a flat matte finish...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotRod9mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadSlash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carbon Fiber Quantum? </div></div>

Yep! Aluminum coated dip process. Got one proto-type in the high-gloss like the pic and one that is a flat matte finish... </div></div>

How does the weight compare to the regular Quantum? I just got a 17M2 Quantum from Greg after 4 months of waiting. Now you guys break this out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadSlash</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ......How does the weight compare to the regular Quantum? ....... </div></div>

They are the same. The coating process does not add or subtract from the weight.

Sorry OP for this getting side tracked.

Man these things are the coolest. After looking at all these Sako trainers on this thread I've been up at night thinking about them and how I will afford to get it.

How much are the Manners/McMillan stocks for these going? I'd like to get one just like my .308. For that matter, where's a good source for Sako quads and what should I expect to pay?

I don't mean to intrude on your thread but I really admire your rifle and want to start getting one together myself.

The days of $400 quads are pretty much over. There are two quads up on Gun Broker right now for $600 starting bid and I think there is an action up there too. The A5 stocks are ala carte, so it just depends on what features you'd like...type of cheek piece, cups, studs, etc. The wait time is around 4 - 6 months, it just depends. Their pricing is up on their web site. I have no idea how much manners charges, but I think it is less and the wait time is less aswell.

You can piece them together pretty easily with a little money here and there. The stock will set you back the most after the initial cost of the rifle.

Dan Lilja makes and stocks barrels for around $360.

Larry Gish does trigger work on them for $40 and has extremely fast turn around time.

Rimfire Technologies makes the optics rails, metal trigger guard, and various bolt knobs.
KMW also makes knobs, along with a couple of other companies.

J&P makes replacement action screws and springs.

The nice thing about the quad setup is you can shoot it while you build it up. The standard stock has a removable channel piece so you can use either a tapered barrel or bull barrel (while waiting for your mcm/manners to arrive).