• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quality boonie hat

Re: Quality boonie hat

There are various online vendors that sell boonie hats. I would definitely recommend a 50/50 NYCO fabric for heat performance and dye longevity. Order it a little too large because they all shrink when they get wet (wash/rain ect). I've had good luck with PROPPER brand products.

Linestretch run by SniperCJ and Susan is the place to go. Not just for boonie hats, but Sniper's Hide boonie's too.

Hit 'em up!

Linestretch

SniperCJ is a member here, and I'm not sure where the hats are on the website, so you'll have to look around a bit. They're VERY approachable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">www.dropzonetactical.com makes one they call a stubby boonie hat because the brim is not as wide.
You can try this link: http://www.dropzonetactical.com/hats/stubby.html
They make a quality product. </div></div>

and for $50 bucks they can suck my balls

+1 for Propper. Held up through deployment...and is now on yard duty, beach duty, outdoor concert duty, range duty, etc....

I got it a size bigger and now it's the most comfortable cover I have.

...and for the price you pay, you can buy a couple of spares.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just about anywhere that sells utilities.

Availability will depend on pattern and material.

I use a Propper Boonie in Multicam right now. </div></div>
Same here, Propper is GTG

You want a serious boonie, you got to find one of those Egyptian Army ones! You can hide a truck underneath one!

All my Boonies are Lighthouse for the blind. One DCU one was worn in OEF(The beginning) and the rest basically served sea bag duty. My favorite BDU one gets daily wear out working in the yard, smoking cigars on the deck, or just basically screwing off. It's somewhere around 15 years old and not a stitch is busted. WOrks pretty darn good protecting my head from the ol Owen's COrning pink stuff too....ooohhh that was a nasty project!

I wouldn't mind finding one of the old Viet Nam issue ones in jungle green from way back in the day. They just look cool, especially with a nice pair of Ray-Ban's
grin.gif

AnotherPlus1 on the Slangvel boonies. (graywolf above).

If you're looking at the DropZone, skip it and get on fro Dave. He's a Vietnam vet. he makes them himself. They could not be made better. you can get it with either a short brim, regular or larger brim, he adds an elastic draw string if you like, which is much nicer than the chin strap. I got one in Multicam, with a short brim and a map pocket inside. I bought one for my dad that is OD, short brim, with a flourescent orange signal panel in the inside top. My dad wore a similar one in VN, and was thrilled to get another.

its funny. i walked into the dollar store about 5 years ago and was staring at the skimpy girl panties, they always catch my eye, lol, all the bright colors. anyway i look down and there is a boonie. OD green. i tried it on, it fit. had a strap, had loops, just not elastic. had snaps on both sides for that Dhaktari/Aussie look. rooted around and got 2 more in black. closeout had them at $3 each. i rotate them. they get soaked on hot days and worn wet. i use the for water bowls for my dogs to drink when i walk down to the stream or find a hose spigot. always get worn in the rain, i hate wet glasses, dont mind the rain. may not find one at your store, but you dont really have to spend alot

Or hit up a FOB... the local nationals are usually rather keen to bargain with you for a gem like this...
boonie.jpg

Not me... I'm behind the camera FWIW...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: craigs48</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for Dave ([email protected]), will make what you want. Excellent quality. </div></div>

+1000!!! I've used Dave for a bunch of different custom boonies. I've had him make me a couple different styles with various patterns/materials and all have looked great! He's made me some short brim boonie with mesh crowns that worked awesome for ghillie covers.

Great service and very fast!!

Just curious anyone have any pics of the ones made by graywolf47?? I'm not really in the market but would like to see the products that are getting such good feedback!! (never know might inspire me enough to retire my fishing "boonie" I dunno though, I love those embroidered fish!!)
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or hit up a FOB... the local nationals are usually rather keen to bargain with you for a gem like this...
boonie.jpg

Not me... I'm behind the camera FWIW... </div></div>

Is your FOB in Tia Juana?

Bought mine in Multicam at "Commando Military Supply" in Columbus, Ga. this past weekend......I think it cost me less than $15....

Their website doesn't have an on-line product catalog that you can view & order from.....but "Ranger Joes".....the same hat is around $13....

http://www.rangerjoes.com/-c-500_503.html

Sign your life away and Uncle Sam will give you a couple for free. High price to pay, but worth every penny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heydavemd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sign your life away and Uncle Sam will give you a couple for free. High price to pay, but worth every penny. </div></div>

And you get to see all kinds of wonderful cultures .... and some of the toys you get to play with are fun. I miss C4 the most !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOT a Boonie...but my new favorite hat! These things kick ass.

http://realdealbrazil.com/

</div></div>

That's so badass. I have Father's Day covered now. Thanks.

I have the water proof one in cadpat like my rain gear & ruck I like the cadpat green for summer here in Alaska on the tundra. After sept I move to multi cam for fall also use in early spring . I dont know how many of you have water proof boonies but I like mine for the pouring rain 7 day in a row .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem700p</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOT a Boonie...but my new favorite hat! These things kick ass.

</div></div>

That's so badass. I have Father's Day covered now. Thanks. </div></div>

Nice, i love the fucking hat, had to order one. fuck this multicam boonie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem700p</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOT a Boonie...but my new favorite hat! These things kick ass.

</div></div>

Nice, i love the fucking hat, had to order one. fuck this multicam boonie </div></div>

"There is nothing you can do to this hat that hasn't been done before."

Apparently your hat has already been loved. I may have to try one of these as well...

Just stop by any old GI supply place and buy some GI issue one that some soldier pawned off because they didnt want it.

I just bought a Tru-Spec boonie in Vietnam Tiger Stripe from my local Army Surplus today for $13.99 I bought a cheap one last year, and I wore it daily mowing lawns, and it finally gave out this week. I have never had a Tru Spec before, so I'll see how it works out. Seems like it is built well though...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem700p</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOT a Boonie...but my new favorite hat! These things kick ass.

</div></div>

Nice, i love the fucking hat, had to order one. fuck this multicam boonie </div></div>

"There is nothing you can do to this hat that hasn't been done before."

Apparently your hat has already been loved. I may have to try one of these as well...
</div></div>

Have any of you guys ordered a Real Deal Brazil? I use mine for everything now!!! Pig hunting...yard work...it performs great for me!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prbulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where can I purchase a quality boonie hat? </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tru-Spec 50/50 Cotton Poly Blend MultiCam Boonie</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tru-Spec 60/40 Cotton Poly Blend MultiCam Boonie</span></span>

I bought two of the Tru-Spec 60/40 Cotton Poly Boonies' in 7.75" and they seem well-made. According to the label they're made in Honduras out of U.S. materials.

Keith

I got one of the new Blackhawk short brim boonies that's good.... It was about $30 local so, you should be able to find one cheaper online.

Has air vents, draw cord, IFF velcro etc.

I prefer a wide brimmed boonie..to keep the sun out of my eyes and off my face. Any ideas???? I aquired one years and years ago..but it is wearing our finally. I wear it everyday in the summer...while I'm working.

I wear a couple different ones when out in the hot summer sun, shooting rifles or hiking. 1 is a propper, the other is an R&B industries, both have held up really well, but I only use them part of the year. In Wyoming, if it's not hot enough for a boonie, then it's cold enough for a polartec watch cap. There is no happy medium, lol.

I'm waiting for Tab Gear to fill the void.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOT a Boonie...but my new favorite hat! These things kick ass.

</div></div>

I ordered one to try. Has anyone tried their bags? Pretty smart business plan turning worn out tarps into $40 hats lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm waiting for Tab Gear to fill the void. </div></div>

LOL....Yup, I'm hoping to see all sorts of goodies coming from TAB in the future.
smile.gif
I was just thinking the other day after seeing another Natchez add for Eagle stuff......That maybe Triad and TAB could get together and start designing/manufacturing some of their own gear to help fill the void left behind by Eagle.....Laalalaalalaa...
whistle.gif

-Pat