• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quality cleaning patches

longrange772

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2021
US
Any recommendations for quality cleaning patches? I have the hoppes cotton patches but those lose all sorts of threads and fluff. I was thinking of cutting up blue mechanics towels. What are you using?

BoreSmith Triangle Patches, Cal 22 thru 27, Premium Gun Cleaning Patches

I've been using these patches for a few years. No fluff left behind and a little more forgiving in the placement of the jag, less likely to bind in a smaller caliber barrel.

1672489456413.png

I use hoppes down the tube and a half a folded paper towel for spinning in the chamber body. The little hoppes threads haven’t ever ended up in my barrel that I can remember, just in my hands until I figured how to roll them like a cigarette around the jag.

Butch's Twill Cleaning Patches. by far the best I've ever used. I don't use anything else.... They are thicker and less pliable so use a smaller size than needed for caliber, i.e. - .22 patches for 6mm. etc. I get mine at Amazon.

1676465225905.png

i like the GI tan patches

the seem to stay put on the jag, dont leave anything behind

Butch's Twill Cleaning Patches. by far the best I've ever used. I don't use anything else.... They are thicker and less pliable so use a smaller size than needed for caliber, i.e. - .22 patches for 6mm. etc. I get mine at Amazon.

View attachment 8075916
I use these too, I use Dewey jags and they are right size as listed with those jags. Great patches!