• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quality of Fulton Armory LR308 complete uppers?

signal5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
tx
I am planning on buying a DPMS LR308 lower reciever. I was wondering if the complete upper recievers that fulton armory are any good. Does anybody have any expeirience with these? Or would I be better off building an upper to my liking?

Re: Quality of Fulton Armory LR308 complete uppers?

I have a Fulton lower 308 great quality.

Im glad the lowers are of great quality but I am wondering if the complete uppers are of good quality. How are the barrels, as far as accuracy? Or would I be better off building an upper?

They are built with mainly DPMS parts only difference is the barrel and quality control is a bit better. If they're having a sale or you just don't want to deal with the hassle of building an upper then I'd say go for it. Depending on what you want you can build it cheaper (ironically using parts that you purchase from them).

What upper are you looking at? I have one of their 16" 308 barrels and a buddy has the 18" chrome lined. I recommend the chrome lined as it's about as accurate while being a bit lighter.

edit: barrels are decent shooters, if you are fine with inch or occasionally better groups you'll be happy. Unless I screw up mine always hits what I point it at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: signal5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im glad the lowers are of great quality but I am wondering if the complete uppers are of good quality. How are the barrels, as far as accuracy? Or would I be better off building an upper?
</div></div>

I can't speak for their uppers as a whole, but I have one of their .308 barrels and they are unbeatable. Fulton Armory has an outstanding and well-deserved reputation. You can buy from them with confidence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: signal5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im looking at getting an 18 in barrel with the customizable free float tube, with the threaded muzzle to attach a muzzle device fo a Gemtech qd-hvt. This one specifically

http://www.fulton-armory.com/fariflecal5...-1-4-2-2-2.aspx </div></div>

You could build that for <1k if you already have the receiver blocks etc. Get a receiver and BCG from JSE, that 18" barrel from brownells, the Troy 12" lightweight 205$ handguard from Rainier and clamping fulton gas block/gas tube/roll pin from fulton/brownells etc. The barrel is already threaded 5/8 24 or whatever for flash hider your suppressor will probably need a special flash hider to mount it. All you'll need beyond normal tools is a receiver block. Troy handguard comes with barrel nut and wrench IIRC attach it to your automotive torque wrench and away you go not rocket science.

I built an upper with a fulton barrel for 900ish counting the tools I had to buy.

edit: that barrel is in stock at brownells just checked. Also consider the rainier select 16-18 nice profiles, 259$ and if you buy BCG + barrel from rainier they check for headspace prior to shipping. Keep in mind that stainless fulton barrels come short headspaced so need finish reaming (20$ to headspace via fulton).

If I build my own is there a problem with head spacing? I noticed they have a disclaimer saying their barrels may not head space correctly

their chrome lined barrels come fully chambered so shouldn't be any headspacing problems. if you really want that barrel and are worried about it buy your BCG and barrel from them and tell them to check for headspace prior to shipping. believe me you want it checked despite what you read on the internet AR's don't headspace automatically 100% of the time...