• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Quality scope ring???

mr2.0

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2007
CALI/GEORGIA
Just order a nice scope with 30mm tube and 42mm objective and in market for a set of really high quality rings....Seekins, NF, Leupold, Badgers, Warne, how about Griffen Armament? Any other brands that you would recommend? Thanks

Spuhr, Talley and Era-Tac are three other great brands.

I like Seekins rings but I typically buy TPS because I am always lookin to save a buck. Still a good quality ring.

Aadland Engineering also makes some really stout rings, but I have never tried them.

I've used Warne in the past, but prefer other options to their vertical split design.

Although I've never used his stuff, Ken Farrell rings look very well made.

No need to go past the first on the list.....Seekins ;)

Not to hijack your thread, but I am also in the market for both a scope mount and rings on my Savage model 10 fcp-k round back accutrigger in 308. I am also in the market for something high-end, but my Zeiss HD5 5-25x50 has a 1" tube and it seems like the higher end companies don't offer much of anything (or at all) for a 1" tube.

The optic is unused. Am I going to have to sell it for an optic with larger tube?

This is my first build.

I contacted Seekins and they said their base thickness (20moa) is .43", so If I did my math right, I'm looking at .87" for ring height.

60mm true obj bell / 2 = 30mm (1.18")
+3mm for lens caps = 33mm (1.3")
Subtract base height from 1.3" to find ring height.

The prob here is that Seekins only offers .76" rings for a 1" tube.

Burris offers a 1" Signature Zee ring in .92, but is it wise to mix bases (Seekins) and rings of different makers? And will the Burris rings break the chain of accuracy in my mount set-up? At a whopping $42 and one screw per side of the ring half, I question the accuracy out to 1,000 meters.

Not to hijack your thread, but I am also in the market for both a scope mount and rings on my Savage model 10 fcp-k round back accutrigger in 308. I am also in the market for something high-end, but my Zeiss HD5 5-25x50 has a 1" tube and it seems like the higher end companies don't offer much of anything (or at all) for a 1" tube.

The optic is unused. Am I going to have to sell it for an optic with larger tube?

This is my first build.

I have the same scope on my Savage 10 fcp. Im using Ken Farrell LP 20moa base and the high rings. Farrell makes high quality stuff. If you want nice 1" rings Farrell is as good as it gets

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I like the seekins but I just mounted a scope fro a friend using the Farrel rings, they're damn nice. I prefer the seekins recessed clamp though, nothing to snag or get in the way.

WARNE makes very nice ring's I run a Few of them and even have a Tactcal set on my 338-378 with 2 piece steel bases that have been rock steady since day 1 ! Looking for something with higher quality go NEAR Manufacturing ! I have a couple 1 inch Alpha Hunters that are very nice!