• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Quality Scope that won't break the bank

Bowhunter96

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2011
NJ
What is a quality scope that won't leave me broke?I'm looking to put it on my .22-250 for coyote hunting.Some shots may be up to 600 yds.I'm a college kid on a budget so $700 would be my maximum cost.I appreciate all of your help, Pat.

Re: Quality Scope that won't break the bank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What kind of features would you like in the scope?</div></div>
I'd like it to have turrets, maybe an illuminated reticle if it fits into the price range, and also a magnification factor up to 20x if it fits in my price range.

Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50mm

Or for a little bit more money you can get illumination with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm.

The poster above has a good choice. It is really hard to beat a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50mm.

The Elite is a good choice. A used PST in that price range is usually easy to find on the classifieds here, also. The vortex Viper HS 5x15 from Midway is a great value. Although if you want to spend all of your $700 to get the features you want, I would go with a used Viper PST EBR Mrad reticle with mil/mil adjustments. You won't be disappointed at all.

Vortex Viper HS 5-15x44...I have two and they are GREAT at their pricepoint.

Scour the classifieds here and elsewhere and you might run across a Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 FFP in the $600-650 range. They are very good scopes also; I used to have one but needed more FOV for hunting to sold it to finance one of the aforementioned Vortex optics.