• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Quantified Performance - Afton, Iowa

Nathan0215

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2019

Hey all! Registration is now open for the first Iowa Quantified Performance match at High Lakes Outdoor Alliance!

The match will take place on April 13. Please review the division criteria on PractiScore to ensure you register for the correct one.

For those not familiar, Quantified Performance is a series of gas gun matches geared towards stretching the performance limits of practical rifles. You can expect 8 stages of positional shooting at targets between 100 and 800 yards.

There will be a prize table from sponsors as well as a catered lunch for all competitors.

We are also looking for some volunteers to help RO the match so if you want to see what QP is all about, consider volunteering!

Hit me with any questions y'all might have!

Bumping this for anyone who might be interested in attending! I'm trying to finalize some of the logistics, so if you're planning on attending, please register as soon as possible!

Registering on Thursday. Talking my buddy into registering too. This will be my first gas gun match. What’s a good round count to anticipate for these?

Reactions: Nathan0215
Registration is open until the end of this month! Now's the time to register if you are interested in attending. Should be a good match!

Match book is out! Check the link below. Hit me with any questions you may have. We're still looking for another volunteer or two to help RO on the 13th or even to help set up for a bit on the 12th. Shoot me a message if you'd be interested!

I live about 50 minutes from the range if you need help Friday. I can bring two people with. Just let me know.

My buddy is going to shoot this as his first gas gun match. He is running a shorter AR in general purpose. Can I spot for him on the clock or is that a no go?

My buddy is going to shoot this as his first gas gun match. He is running a shorter AR in general purpose. Can I spot for him on the clock or is that a no go?
As this is a points and prize-bearing match, coaching on the clock is not permitted. Once the shooter is "on deck" until their final shot is fired, they are on their own. Of course, you can give input before and after the stage.

I live about 50 minutes from the range if you need help Friday. I can bring two people with. Just let me know.

You heard it direct from Jack above. Coaching on the clock will not be allowed, regardless of the participant's experience. But they will have plenty of opportunity to observe the more seasoned shooters throughout the day and it will be a great learning opportunity regardless!

Some help on Friday would be fantastic, I appreciate the offer. As of now, it was just going to be me and one other dude setting up that evening, so please feel free to send me a message and we can make some plans for that.

Last edited:
Right on. Thanks for all the info. Him and I served together and have been trying to shoot a match together for a while. Looking forward to it. Heard a lot of dudes down at mammoth recommend shooting a QP match so I’m stoked this is coming so close to me. See you guys out there.

Reactions: Jack_L
The final preparations are underway for our first Quantified Performance match this weekend at High Lakes Outdoor Alliance in Creston, IA! Match equipment is ready, prize table items are in from QP's national sponsors, with more coming from Crossroads Shooting Sports on Saturday!

Tomorrow is the final day to register if you are interested in participating as a competitor (https://practiscore.com/clubs/quantified_performance_iowa). Come on out and test your skills and equipment in 8 stages of practical precision shooting from 100-850 yards. Take a look at the match book at the bottom of this post.

If you're curious about QP and the match format but aren't sure about competing just yet, come help run the match as an RO! ROs will have the opportunity to shoot the stages at the end of the day. Lunch will be provided for all competitors and ROs. If you want to help out, shoot me a message here!

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

Nathan, you put on a great first match. All the shooters seemed to have a good time and the only complaint I heard was about the wind. Thanks for the opportunity to be a first time RO. I learned a lot from Joe and the shooters made it easy. I hope you are able to host another match and if you need help let me know.