• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

quarter-minute accuracy, THANKS GUYS

AZ.noob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
First, thank you fellas. I've not been here in the Hide very long, and only entered into the precision discipline not long ago, but I owe a lot to y'all for sharing your vast experience and knowledge.

Yesterday, I shot my personal-best accuracy; ALL groups under half-minute, and a few under a quarter-minute (tightest was .219moa).

Thanks again guys. Good stuff here:cool:

We've gone from 5-shot groups to 3-shot and now no shot :(

Here's a few of the best ones. I made elevation & windage corrections on the second target

target.jpgtarget2.jpg

200 Yards
Savage 10 FCP McMillan, factory built/unmodified (aside from bedding the action, no aftermarket hotrod parts)
308 Winchester
190 grain SMK, 40.8 grs Varget, CCI 200s
Lapua brass, 2x fired, neck turned & annealed. Runout under .003
2646 average FPS (SDs are a little high, 30fps. I'd like to get that down some)
107*F, 1990' elevation ASL, 30% humidity, 8-10mph wind

These were done from a concrete bench, at a stationary target, at a known distance. I've got a lot to learn; I get that. The point to the thread is to thank you fellas for helping me increase my skills, both at the loading bench and behind the buttstock.

Last edited:
Thats pretty good shooting.. As others have said, shoot a 5 shot group and you will get more accurate results. From these groups though, it looks like you have some good fundamentals going for you.

I also ran your groups through OnTarget and spit out the accurate group sizes based on the info you have given. Check it out. Its a free program and it will help you catalogue your results and loading data results..

9281246176_ecee91cb83_b.jpg

9278453791_6629811fec_b.jpg

I also ran your groups through OnTarget and spit out the accurate group sizes based on the info you have given. Check it out. Its a free program and it will help you catalogue your results and loading data results..

Thanks for the OnTarget tip, and the compliment:)

Damn good shootin'! 107 degrees! I know its a "dry" heat, but too rich for my old blood.

Upper left is a .327moa at 300yds, 5 shots, not 3. Shot yesterday. Creed, 105AMPs HPBTs.
x3V64eC.jpg

Last edited:
on that ontarget software...does the phone version of it measure the groups like the pc version by just taking a pic on you phone? iphone if it matters

5 shot groups is always what i use to confirm a load.

3 shot groups for OCW, at at least 200 yards.

below is 5 shot group, 300M (327 yards), rem 700 5r, 308 175 smk, 43 gr varget, 10 thou off lands. .27 MOA.

Attachments

• TgtGfx.jpg
    TgtGfx.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 11