• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quarterback wrist band play card holder....

Twisted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
NW Oregon
www.twistedfirearms.com
Anyone know where to get one? Or even know what I am talking about? The wristbands that quarterbacks sometimes where in football with a card in it that they keep plays on? I want one for my range cards when shooting matches.

Re: Quarterback wrist band play card holder....

Not sure if this is exactly what you're after but I use one on occasion and it works well.

LINK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if this is exactly what you're after but I use one on occasion and it works well.

LINK </div></div>

Kind of but more simple. The ones I have seen don't fold or anything. Just have a pouch with a clear cover that you can slide a 3x5 card or something into and see at a glance. I need to look at sporting goods stores I guess, like specifically for football and see what I can find. Crap, maybe I'll call my little bro, he was on the coaching staff for a NFL team up till last year. Didn't even think about that.

we make all kinds of custom gear like that.
here is a pic of half our stuff:
http://www.specializeddynamics.com/Tactical-Gear.aspx

We make them with or without the bullet holders and with or without the plastic. Very popular item up in norcal last month. Nomad and GA George each got one and it worked out very well for them.

Any other questions, shoot me an email.

i made it fit on a 3x5 index card laminated it and taped it to my wrist using surgical tape.

I run one of Scott and Mark's from Specialized Dynamics. Uses Avery labels that come off cleanly on a velcro backed piece of plastic.
This little gem comes in VERY handy and is the best piece of match gear I've bought lately. Nothing beats being able to have holdovers/dope for the targets in front of you right on your arm!
No fumbling with a card in a pocket, just jot what you need down and shoot!
(if you were at NorCal, you can probably figure out which part of the match I was shooting with this label!)

ArmDope.jpg

I would trust anything Scott makes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we make all kinds of custom gear like that.

We make them with or without the bullet holders and with or without the plastic. Very popular item up in norcal last month. Nomad and GA George each got one and it worked out very well for them.

Any other questions, shoot me an email. </div></div>

Does yours use velcro to attach the card or clear plastic sleeve? Can you shoot me some pricing and options. I might be interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run one of Scott and Mark's from Specialized Dynamics. Uses Avery labels that come off cleanly on a velcro backed piece of plastic.
This little gem comes in VERY handy and is the best piece of match gear I've bought lately. Nothing beats being able to have holdovers/dope for the targets in front of you right on your arm!
No fumbling with a card in a pocket, just jot what you need down and shoot!
(if you were at NorCal, you can probably figure out which part of the match I was shooting with this label!)

ArmDope.jpg

</div></div>

Scott... What's this called... and how do I order? Are the straps long enough to go over a jacket? Is it GTG in the rain?

Thanks
C

The TAG one above that Pat posted is a decent choice.
Below are some pictures of one that I modified for a fellow board member over a year ago.
Below you can see the origional TAG on left, my modified version on right
TAG_1.JPG

Below Left orgional all folded out, right second page removed and ready to reinstall.
TAG_2.JPG

TAG_3.JPG

Top one is origional, bottom one is my modified version.
TAG_4.JPG

Both work well and milage may vary.

Stu

Tribe, we can make it with a clear plastic shield for the rain, we have the one like in the pic in stock in green/tan and black, its the arm data carrier. The great thing about it is you can put a white label over the old data and have a clean slate. give us a call at shop and talk to mark about it. it does have straps long enough for a jacket.

Ideal seems like maybe a hybrid of both...?

The trimmed down design that Stu is showing, with maybe just the one "Two-sided-Window Flap" on top... with a "tear-away" writing type surface on the forearm layer... along the lines of the one in the photo sobrbiker883 provided....?

Possible to scratch as much velcro as possible?

Mark can make anything, he makes all his stuff from scratch. He will work with you. Call us tomorrow at the shop 480-968-2151

My buddy SKT, makes something similar to these. His have the option for both the rubberized cord or webbing material. I think his have more overall internal panels, and the exterior is fully covered. If I'm not mistaken, I think he also made them so they will house a small GPS unit.

man, just go to a local sporting goods store in the next several weeks as peewee football starts to gear up. I've bought a 3pack for $12, they come in different sizes. Academy works in the DFW area.

I use the 215 gear wrist coach. It has worked well for me in both combat shooting situations, and also in keeping track of my range shooting. The clear vinyl holds the ink when you need it too, but wipes off with no problems. i would recomend this to any shooter

I've been thinking about something like this but attaches directly to the stock up near the fore end. something similar to the SO Tech skid pad but only the size of a QB card. anyone know if this exists?

Got to admit a pretty darn good idea. Not just for a drop chart. When I was in Iraq I just had a write in the rain book in a pouch on the side of my Flak. Of course I wasnt a high speed operator so my book mostly had accountability number, radio freq etc. I also had some SHTF notes on certain tasks in case I got stuck doing something I wasn't familiar with during a fire fight like operating a radio or driving a 7 ton. Never had to use it.

I have and use the wrist coach from 215gear and between tactical matches, practice, hunting, etc. it hasn't let me down once.

i do recommend that you laminate your dope cards or inserts because one end is not sealed. while shooting a match at k&m precision some water was able to sneak in. not much but i noticed it so i remade my cards and laminated them just in case. this also served to stiffen up the wrist coach itself and gave it some more rigidity.

although they are a little pricy they are an excellent piece of kit as are some other options you can find here on the hide.

they have become more prevalent in competition and are a great tool to have in your arsenal.

On my first tactical match Byron at K&M let me borrow his wrist note paid and I'm very greatful, without it I would have been lost. I ordered one and I use masking tape (it fits perfect). Blue tape works as well but it's a little harder to see.

You can layer the tape and fold one end over so after a stage you just rip it off and you have a new writing surface. For this pic I just used 2 layers but for a match I would have 6 layers on each card.

It is water proof and you can even write on any level of the layers if you need to. Plus with the layered method you don't have to carry a heavy roll of tape around.
[img:center]
image-4_zps5bb0775d.jpg
[/img]
[img:center]
image-4_zps4a6eb8b1.jpg
[/img]

Other notes include:
smile.gif

Don't kick Mike's foot while he prepares to shoot.
Listen to Shannon at all times, 25 seconds for ALL targets is a lot different than 25 seconds per target.

Where I got it http://3gungear.corecommerce.com/Precision-Rifle-Sniper-Rifle/Data-Card-Set-p33.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we make all kinds of custom gear like that.

Any other questions, shoot me an email.</div></div>

Link is not working?

I like this one. It doesn't say Operator or Tactical, but....

It's been a while, but i got one from Dicks sporting goods in the footbal gear section. I think it was about $20 bucks. It works well for me in compitition.

I bought a new pair of BDU's and the shirt came with one! They are Tru Spec got it at US CAV.