• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question! .308 chassis benefit?

JTC1967

Not Even a Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2017
Arlington, VA
I have a Remington .308 5R, HS Precision stock, Badger rail, Badger M40 rings, S-B 5-25 PMii and a Timney 2 stage trigger. W/ FGMM 168gr SMKs I can achieve .38 moa. Is concentrating on trigger time and developing low SD handloads the best course of improving on accuracy from here?

Go with what you have. Build first-shot consistency if you're going to use it to hunt with. Develop consistent wind calls if you're planning on competing.

Good luck -- sounds like you've already figured out the hardware part. :)

Reactions: ShtrRdy
Chasis would only benefit you if you get off the bench and shoot a comp. Chasis won't make your groups any smaller. Your rifle system will just fit you better and be tailored to you through the adjustable comb, length of pull, etc.....

Chasis would only benefit you if you get off the bench and shoot a comp. Chasis won't make your groups any smaller. Your rifle system will just fit you better and be tailored to you through the adjustable comb, length of pull, etc.....
I agree, but at the same time, it doesn't look like his current system doesn't fit him well. If it doesn't fit him well, it doesn't show on his groups at least!