• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about 9mm "Glock mag" AR lowers

copterdrvr

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2012
Lafayette, Looziana
I have a Stag left hand 9mm AR that is a lot of fun to shoot. I love fiddlin' with stuff and installed a bunch of Blitzkrieg goodies in it-it's 100% reliable even with some wimpy ass loads like 3.2 gr Clays with a 115 gr bullet and 3.1 gr Sport Pistol and 147 gr bullets. Also added a CMC trigger to replace the factory AR milspec type trigger because the trigger slap was friggin' painful after about 30 rounds! It uses Colt style magazines. Shooting USPSA carry optics now and will start shooting PCC shortly.

ANYWAY, I was looking at a stripped AR 9mm Glock mag lower and have a question about a major difference between it and my Colt lower. The Stag/ Colt lower has a feed ramp installed as part of the lower and the Glock mag lower does not. Looked at other Glock mag lowers and none of them have a feed ramp installed.

Do Glock mag lowers not need a feed ramp? If not, is it because of where the lips end up being aligned with the chamber because of how far the Glock mag extends into the lower? If that's not the reason, what the heck is it? Just curious.

Last edited: