• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about a better 700 trigger

DHDeal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
Gateway to the Lowcountry, SC
There are more than a few out there now. For a bullet proof target trigger for a 700, what would be a good choice?

FWIW I am still using a factory 700 trigger(tuned by GAP to 2.5 lbs), but I have been shooting a lot of .22lr lately and would really like a lighter/smoother trigger. The .22's are an Anschutz 2 stage and a 52D, and neither will pick up 1 lb. My BPCR's run set triggers so they are very light too. I know they are different types of rifles, but I don't plan to run my rifles in dirt or dusty environment.

What is the best for the situation I described? I like both 1 and 2 stage triggers, so that isn't an issue.

Thanks,

Re: Question about a better 700 trigger

Rifle Basix, Jewell, Shilen, Timney

I use a Rifle Basix set to about 1.5 lbs. I love my trigger, but all others are great as well, Jewells dont tolerate dirt and grime as well as the others from what ive heard. But you cannot go wrong with any of these

Jewell if you want a light single stage, but can be affected by dirt/grime.

CG Jackson for a very nice 2 stage, but spendy.

For a rugged single stage I have used Rifle Basix, Shilen and Timney with good results. I'd probably just go Rifle Basix by default if I had to order one today.

I saw the Jackson 22 talked about in an earlier thread. What does it run $? The Shilen likes to run clean? Not a problem to me.

Thanks for the input.

If you really like your Anshutz trigger, try a CG Jackson. They are very similar in feel and performance. I have also heard great things about Huber triggers (2 stage also) but have no personal experience.

I put a RifleBasix single stage trigger in my Remmy 700 Police 308, set it for about 2lbs and it worked very well, consistant let off that never seemed to change from initial setting. Also not as expensive as the Jewel alternatives.